Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Multiple clients loaded massively increasing GPU usage and ram leaks

I've been running sermon alts off my pc's recently, and i've noticed a trend with more clients open = much worse performance degradation on my main client.

All the sermon alts are rendering off, 533x400 resolution, capped to 5fps background, 15fps foreground, every single graphics setting on absolute minimum, hud turned off expect for when selecting the altar to sermon. They use about 800mb of ram each, and 0.1-0.5% gpu and cpu each when sitting in my deed around an altar.

My main client, that i'm running max graphics and running around the world hunting, usually runs around 15% cpu, 25-30% gpu and anywhere from 2gb of ram when launched, to unloading ram when around 4-5gb when running by itself.

With 8 other accounts on, it is a constant 95+% gpu usage by itself with the other accs using the rest of the gpu, cpu is around 50% usage, and ram just endlessly climbs without unloading, I had a client at 80gb ram used in the past. including on the sermon alts which are all not moving and have no rendering, often at 2gb+ each when i'm running around, often leading to the sermon alts crashing, but has actually blue screened my computer in the past when everything java related refused to unload ram.This is an issue i've reported in the past and it stopped happening for a while, but it's came back recently and it's a lot worse than last time around.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Can you check what's the GPU VRAM usage during the GPU usage spikes? If it reaches the graphics memory limit, it should be resolved some time soon, as reducing the general VRAM usage is something we'll be working on.

4.5gb/11gb dedicated gpu usage, 100% on 3D rendering, with main client being 15-20fps with massive stuttering. Card in question is an evga gtx 1080 ti, but i've had this problem with a 970 and an amd firepro w5100

Adding onto this, i'm currently running a max graphics client at a unique slaying with 51 people in local, client has been open for 4 hours or so, was at 1.8gb ram. i logged in 3 extra alt clients with the super low graphics settings, all 4 clients, including the one just mentioned, were at 3gb ram within a minute. It's an issue i've been having for a long time with multiple java instances, usually have to close everything java related before running multiple wurm clients

The same for me since new renderer or even earlier.  I were able to open 4 clients of wurm and play with little spikes.

Now with 2 clients maximized it's impossible to play, just a slideshow. When I minimize 1 of the clients, I can play on second one but it isn't comfortable, many spikes and lags. Tried to set second client to minimum settings and still slideshow.