Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Items inside Large Magical Chest taking damage?

just this morning 5 meals inside my small magic chest, birchwood have taken 10dmg.  The chest has been on the floor inside a house for 2 years now, not moved.  The chest itself has 25dmg, but has had that for the same 2 years.  The meals have been stored inside since made/mailed.   They haven't been taken out, I've always nibbled from inside.

Is this intended?  If it's not intended, I intend for my meals to be fixed.  Seems fair.

Edited by Nomadikhan

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Small_magical_chest

"A small chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself."

I know the food decay is (was?) buged and so far there were no dmg ticks on food either, but maybe it was sneaky fixed?

Anyhow, from what I gathered they are not intended to prevent food decay and if they do it is a bug (that is (has?) been around for pretty long).

The last time I mentioned this I was told to hush up. :P

So not sure what can / should be done about it, worst case you only highlighted the issue once again and it maybe will be fixed now. ;)

Or the devs show heart and officially approve of magic chests preventing food decay as well ... hope dies last. ^_^

• Like 2

Indeedy, hoping they take some mercy on us lol.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

I pressed the link 

and on LMC it say:

Despite the item description the magic chests both lower the decay rate by a factor of 1000(estimated) on all items, it could happen any time in the future that this will be 'fixed' for food items.

So I guess its same for SMC and that they "fix" it now then

on SMC:

Magic chests lower the decay rate by a factor of 1000(estimated) on almost all items.

I have meals in my small magic chest on deed inside a house.  The meals have never taken decay.  If the chest is in inventory at all or even in a boat etc out traveling then the meals will take decay.  For some reason it only protects them if they are never in inventory.  That does not explain what happened to his though since from what he is saying he has done it all correctly for them to be protected.

Dont give me a heart attack like that...

I'm a collector in many games, and in Wurm I collect allot of stuff (old stuff) to, for example this:

qVUYxoR.png

If dev's should ever "fix" this "bug", please give a warning in advance, and please give a way for the collectors among us (I cant imagen I'm the only one) to secure their collections! (some of these items in my example simply cant be obtained anymore).

If meals would decay inside, I could understand, thats "food", but if you every fix it, dont consider the ingredients as "food" :'(

Seriously, leave magic chests the way they are. That fountainpans got "fixed", altho very sour to my taste, was kind of understandable.

Fixing these magic chest, now, after so many many years, would be... I dont know...

Its just "pixels" I'm collecting in those chest, but they mean allot to me... seeing something I had/have allot of fun collecting go *poof* after 8 years...

(The butchering parts of animals isnt the only thing I collect, got way more stuff in various magic chests, but those arent food items. Besides perhaps my rare herbs collection not in the screen).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

I'm a collector in many games, and in Wurm I collect allot of stuff (old stuff) to, for example this:

qVUYxoR.png

If dev's should ever "fix" this "bug", please give a warning in advance, and please give a way for the collectors among us (I cant imagen I'm the only one) to secure their collections! (some of these items in my example simply cant be obtained anymore).

If meals would decay inside, I could understand, thats "food", but if you every fix it, dont consider the ingredients as "food" :'(

Seriously, leave magic chests the way they are. That fountainpans got "fixed", altho very sour to my taste, was kind of understandable.

Fixing these magic chest, now, after so many many years, would be... I dont know...

Its just "pixels" I'm collecting in those chest, but they mean allot to me... seeing something I had/have allot of fun collecting go *poof* after 8 years...

(The butchering parts of animals isnt the only thing I collect, got way more stuff in various magic chests, but those arent food items. Besides perhaps my rare herbs collection not in the screen).

Amen.

I have meals inside magic chests that have taken no damage for 6 months.  I have meals inside magic chests on test that have taken no damage.

Nomadikhan, can you please put one new fresh meal in the chest, rename it with the date you put it inside and watch it.  Also, rename one food with the damage already on it with the damage number and see if it takes any more damage.

If anyone else has food inside magic chests damaging, please post details here as to where the chest is, has it been moved on or off deed, has it been inside another container?  Any help at all to see WHERE the damage happens is a plus.  Right now, we cannot reproduce this with many different tests situations.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 6:51 AM, Alectrys said:

I have meals inside magic chests that have taken no damage for 6 months.  I have meals inside magic chests on test that have taken no damage.

Nomadikhan, can you please put one new fresh meal in the chest, rename it with the date you put it inside and watch it.  Also, rename one food with the damage already on it with the damage number and see if it takes any more damage.

If anyone else has food inside magic chests damaging, please post details here as to where the chest is, has it been moved on or off deed, has it been inside another container?  Any help at all to see WHERE the damage happens is a plus.  Right now, we cannot reproduce this with many different tests situations.

Sorry, won't be doing that.

To further illustrate:

• 7 affinity meals created and given to me the very same day.
  • All put inside a satchel insidethe birchwood small magical chest
  • Chest has not moved in at least a year
  • Meals have not been taken out, always nibbled inside the chest
  • 3 of these meals have 10,00dmg
  • the other 4 have 0 dmg.
  • Other rare food pieces inside even older have zero dmg
  • Even older affinity meals that are no longer used for grinding, moved out of stachel into chest directly, a 1 has 10.00dmg and the others zero dmg.

I don't see how running yet another test when what I have here is a glorified test of at minimum 1 year should suffice.

Edited by Nomadikhan

I will just bump this with my screenshot (that you can consider more testing?)

I never moved those meals from inside the Large Magical chest, they are here from 6-9 months.
They recently took this damage:

If this isn't intended, please fix it.
If this is intended, please have mercy and leave some utility to an item that costs 50s x_x

P70vQIl.png

I don't know what or why, but some items on my magical chests have taken damage on deed. These chests have been sitting on deed for the past 2+ years. They have been moved for very short amount of times when I moved deeds, but not long enough to take damage. They have not been left inside a boat or anything of the like.

I noticed the damage today on the hearts. I rarely if ever place damaged items inside the chests, and those are most always tools. The hearts I confirmed with the prior owner (Arakiel) that he stuck them inside the chest on day one, and they have never been removed ever since. I remember myself having seen them with 0 damage. The same goes fo the pelts, which I purchased at 0 damage to replace pelts as I wore them off, but they have an incredible amount of damage now. They also have never been removed out of the chest, so catch up decay on these items is not a thing. What gives? Is this a bug?

ecd0ad5ece83aec216112afb1eee411e.png

5ff4b5293271be304a2dae7a128610b4.png

• Like 1

Been trying to pin this down, how long before the decay was the chest moved/loaded?

6 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Been trying to pin this down, how long before the decay was the chest moved/loaded?

Impossible to tell. I brought the chest to my deed on Indy couple months ago when we moved. I just noticed the damage. Can't tell when but I am sure its decay tics since the pelts have exactly the same damage.

Any chance we can get the unrepairable items fixed? The hearts are irreplaceable.

I've recently had my rift caster heart take 10dmg, and it's been sitting inside my small magical chest for months.

Luckily my affinity meals have not taken damage (yet)

Just had my soulstealer necklace take 2dmg, and it's been sitting untouched in my small magical chest.

I have not moved it, nor the chest.

Had my rare yoyo inside my chest take 2dmg along with some other stuff taking small damage ticks.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:06 AM, Lycanthropic said:

qVUYxoR.png

Some other people collect supreme potatoes and rare eggs and a piece of chocolate dessert a friend sent for Christmas years ago...so you are not the only one :) +1 to fair warning BEFORE the "bug" is fixed.

Edited by Fairyshine