Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Please summarize me the fishing changes (TLDW version)

Will there be any point or purpose to grinding fishing? I mean I can make a fine meal with a butchered cow meat...

On 12/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, Wargasm said:

We shouldn't have to watch a stream to get insights into what's coming down the pipe.

As much as I like Drongo and his content, I agree. Not everyone should be subjected to a streamer for information when the information could just be handed to the player. I understand we want to promote wurm as much as possible but this kind of handling of information to be delivered to the player base should not NEED a middle man. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Legios said:

As much as I like Drongo and his content, I agree. Not everyone should be subjected to a streamer for information when the information could just be handed to the player. I understand we want to promote wurm as much as possible but this kind of handling of information to be delivered to the player base should not NEED a middle man. 

The streamer sneak peeks are just that—sneak peeks. They don’t have any effect on the information we provide for the public other than getting it earlier than before. Without the streams, we’d likely just wait until the update and/or news to give this info. Because we have streamers like Emoo, we can have a little bit more fun with teasing it. We will still be announcing the update in an official setting, as usual, when the time comes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joelle said:

The streamer sneak peeks are just that—sneak peeks. They don’t have any effect on the information we provide for the public other than getting it earlier than before. Without the streams, we’d likely just wait until the update and/or news to give this info. Because we have streamers like Emoo, we can have a little bit more fun with teasing it. We will still be announcing the update in an official setting, as usual, when the time comes.

That explains it better. I was under the impression these were solid facts and info available only through streamer sources, but if it's just sneak peaks or "leaks" kinda then it's up to the player to outsource the info they wish to know before anybody else. I retract my previous statement as I lacked information to make such assumptions.