Sign in to follow this  
Eldurian

Make Sure There are New Uses For Fish

So watching the fishing video, while it looks way more fun than the current system a huge concern was raised for me.

The biggest problem with the current system is fish are essentially useless. They aren't a good food for HFC grinding nor are they used in any top tier recipes like full house pizza.

So if I am doing more work per fish it might be more fun, but what is the take away in the end? Hopefully this is something you've already considered but if not it is something you need to.

To this end I suggest a couple things:

1. Fisherman's stew
Oven + Cauldron + Stock + ONE OR MORE Any fish (Whole grilled, diced, steamed etc.) + ONE OR MORE Any veg (chopped) + OPTIONAL salt

People would actually make this as listed because it can be made in a cauldron (64kg capacity) and easily allows for 30 ingredients meaning FHP level affinity timers. As a liquid though it has alternate storage options. Primarily it can be stored in a sealed barrel and you can fill waterskins from the barrel/reseal as you need it. This is a highly useful storage with the downside it must be contained within a container at all times. So people would actually use this recipe but there would still be benefits to using FHP.

2. New recipes using things only found through fishing.

Things like pearls could be added as ingredients extractable from things found while fishing meaning there is a certain value in fishing for the sake of unique crafting materials.

• Like 2