Sign in to follow this  
Xandaros

[Duplicate] Kicked out of boat on server crossing

When you cross a server border, there is always a chance to get kicked out of the boat upon arrival. It seems to happen more often than not, but it isn't every time.

This happens to both me and @Radon. I'm not sure if this is a universal problem, but if it isn't, it might help to know that we are both on Arch Linux.

It is a purely clientside issue, as far as the server is concerned you are still in the boat. To fix it, you can simply disembark and reembark the boat. It just becomes problematic if the boat moves out of render distance, since you can no longer right-click it to disembark. (Using the ground doesn't work, as it is "too far away")

The client is most likely sending erroneous position data (I'm assuming, haven't looked at WU code or anything), so it should be fairly easy to detect. Then just send an update to the client?

An annoying visual bug yes - but you are not actually kicked out of boat, you are still on the boat. Still disturbing.

Edited by Jaz

I have experienced this as well, oddly enough also on Linux (Mint, in case it matters).

Indeed. It is strange how the client is having a desync, which isn't corrected for at all. Save for disembarking and reembarking. The client is Java, so I'd expect the net code to behaviour similar. If there's any Windows users who can confirm if they experience this?

If windows has it, then it's most likely just net code issues which developers need to correct.