Sign in to follow this  
Eric_Wagner

Still sorting out

Hello,

Now that I'm here where do I go, and how do I get there, to join in some activity on Wurm?

Do I have to be invited onto a server, or are we allowed to pick a server?

thx

You pick a server. A few WU servers are password protected (ie, private friends and family), but any you can log into are considered to have an "open invitation for everyone"

I am sure you can also ask if anyone wants to "adopt a new person" and give you a little more personal attention ingame on how to play etc, as it can be confusing ar first, and some people LOVE teaching the game to new players.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

On 12/7/2018 at 8:33 AM, Eric_Wagner said:

Hello,

Now that I'm here where do I go, and how do I get there, to join in some activity on Wurm?

Do I have to be invited onto a server, or are we allowed to pick a server?

thx

Just note that some servers have very few rules, and allow you to just do whatever you want to, while other servers have particular rules about how to play there. I generally ask about the rules immediately, before I commit a lot of time into making a tool set and armour.  Not every server is a good match for every player.  A lot of us just "server-hop" around, respecting the different ways and rules of the various servers. It's a similar dynamic to travelling into different cultures in real life.  ?

It is easy for any server owner to lock out riff-raff strangers if they aren't welcome, so if it's unlocked, feel free to check it out!