Sign in to follow this  
Xandaros

Dredging QoL

Hi,

I've been doing a bunch of dredging lately and I feel like things could be improved quite a bit.

In particular:

- Flatten and level for tile borders. You can flatten and level tiles, but not tile borders. Why?

- Make the dredge keybind work independent of your pointer. With digging, you can place your pointer wherever you wish. Any tile, border, corner, your inventory, an item, even outside the game. Not with dredging, you have to hover either over your boat or a tile. Since the dredge action's result is independent of the tile you click on (when not using keybinds) but is only affected by which corner you are nearest, I don't understand why the keybind is limited like that.

- Make rowboats loadable into bigger boats. Moving around in a rowing boat is terrible, but larger boats obscure your view and also move too fast. Precision placement with a knarr is all but impossible. Small sailing boats are currently your best bet, it seems, but I think it would be much better if you could just load a rowing boat onto your knarr, move to the dredging area and unload the rowing boat. Then use that to position yourself and start dredging. In real life, most boats have rowing boats on board, though they are intended for emergencies.

• Like 3

+1 to all, I wholeheartedly agree that dredging could use an update.

Cannot agree more! So many things which would be functionally better off with QoL updates, especially when we get things like Fishing improvements...

honestly, if we just changed the dredge action to work in the same way as level (i.e. you keep digging dirt at that corner until the dredge is full, your ship is full, or you run out of stamina) that would be enough.