cgJfhg6.png

Greetings, Wurmians! 

What a fortnight! We've been hard at work with the big things coming in the next update. A huge update planned before Christmas! This update will include the priest overhaul, the fishing update, and a whole lot more, so let's see what it is!

Consider Us Inspired!
There was quite the response to our recent “You Have a Moment of Inspiration…” contest. With all of you taking the time to share your inspiration in the game, it really showed that everyone plays Wurm for their own unique reasons, and that inspires us! There are so many different play styles in Wurm Online, and this contest served as a perfect example of how differently everyone in our community enjoys the game.

We had such a hard time choosing winners that we’ve decided to reward everyone who submitted entries with a coupon for 2 sleep powders each. Be sure to check your forum PMs if you entered for your coupon code.

Now, for our winners…

In 3rd place, receiving a rare strange bone… Koreal, who shared a spooky story of a dark castle in Wurm.

Spoiler

lNw2aJT.jpg

In 2nd place, also receiving a rare strange bone… Champagnedragon, who is inspired by shaping the land and seeing their ideas come to life, as well as traveling Wurm to enjoy the beautiful views.

Spoiler

UlfTdJ0.jpg

And in 1st place, receiving a supreme strange bone… Fabricant! Who is inspired by… Well, we don’t know what he’s inspired by, exactly… But it was sure unique, with each picture having us laughing for ages! 

QoY3W5w.jpg?width=960&height=532

Congratulations to all, and thank you once again to everyone who participated! Keep on the lookout for more contests in the future.

Here, Fishy Fishy
As we’ve discussed before, the next big update will include Tich’s major fishing overhaul. Tonight, I was a guest on Emoo’s stream as he joined us on our super secret dev test server, home of our 50 speed scorpion testing track, and a nice big lake  to showcase a bit of the fishing system live. You can check out all the discussion and fun here:

There's a lot to unpack in all this, namely rods now contain choice of reel, line, hook, float and bait! Each impacts your chances of catching different fish, along with different zones to fish in, and time of day changing what's around too! It's a hugely in depth system with lots of customiation and that usual depth Tich's updates always had. It's been an honour to be able to finish it and have it out, and we hope everyone is looking forward to it too!

Xanalag-a-bit-less
These past few weeks, we have been quietly working on additional optimization for the servers with a focus on improving performance. The most noticeable change will be on Xanadu, where we have been prioritizing our testing. We’ll continue to work on improvements with the lag, but have already made significant back-end advancements. Please note that this is not in relation to specific lag spikes, but to general performance all day round. 

You Can Tap Dance if You Want To
Coming up next in the starter deed redesigns will be Celebration’s Tap Dance! As usual, we are seeking design concepts to be voted on. For the full details including a deedplanner file of the current deed, please visit the thread here:

Submissions will close and voting will open with the next (standard) Valrei International, so get planning!

Chain My Heart
Another long requested feature in PvP is the reintroduction of a tower chaining system, so guess what’s coming!

We’ll be introducing a system that requires chaining towers and influence between the PMK capital and outlying deeds in order to avoid penalties. 

This system will change how towers and influence currently work by a huge amount, including removing the ability to capture towers, and require demolishing and rebuilding. 

Linked deeds will get certain bonuses, with unlinked deeds taking penalties over time. Unlinked towers will also be easier to bash so establishing and maintaining those links will be vital to success! 

There is more in the works with this system, and we’ll go into depth more before the big update so everyone is aware of what’s coming.

Haven’s Whispers
Many rumors abound about the purpose of Haven’s Landing, with rumours of creatures hopping about, and groans of the CRC being heard all around. Imagine that! All some a little bit will be shared this weekend with the Factional Fight brothers on their stream. Can you guess what it’s for?

Community Content
Shrimpiie’s Shrimpalong Shrimp-travaganza of Shrimp and Fun (aka the Blackmoor Christmas Impalong) is on again this year! Starting December 7th and running through the 16th, this year’s impalong seems to be shaping up into a huge event with a ton of things that you won’t want to miss! Be sure to come along and take part in the fun. We’ll be there to crush, kill, and maim anyone we can with our crazy spawns… so the more, the merrier!

That’s it for this week! We’ll see you next Valrei International (or sooner) with some more exciting news. Until then, though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde and The Wurm Team

• Like 21

Dem googly-eyed anvils XD 

What are the chances of WU having that glorious fishing update pushed to "before Christmas" too?   Hopefully the answer is "it will happen" 'cause I happen to know these three spirits.......... 

1 minute ago, Joelle said:

image0.jpg 

That’s literally me every time there’s a VI, or a game is released. 

CONGRATS FAB

Also, so Haven's Landing is the new tutorial space

Edited by Clova

4 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Hope new water update is part of it.  Can't wait for pretty water.

It is!

asYlZmh.jpg

• Like 24

Oh wow, Now I have more content to hook new players with =D Thanks for the hard work can't wait to get this update 

OMG  *does happy dance* 

Thank you! I was just happy to see my bison stable picture up when I logged on. 

Not sure which makes me happier, news of an actual date on the priest overhaul or the picture of my stables, or the strange bone.

Priest overhaul. Yep.. 

• Like 2

I'm stoked for the new water. Although it has very little gameplay impact, going from the flat texture we currently have to that is going to be amazing.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Community Content
Shrimpiie’s Shrimpalong Shrimp-travaganza of Shrimp and Fun (aka the Blackmoor Christmas Impalong) is on again this year! Starting from x to y and including a ton of events, this year’s impalong seems to be shaping up into a huge event that you won’t want to miss! Be sure to come along and take part in the fun. We’ll be there to crush, kill, and maim anyone we can with our crazy spawns… so the more, the merrier!

Wait, from x to y?  Is this some crazy new date format?!?

Nice, really looking forward to this update. Watched Emoo's stream and clearly there will be a whole new game involved in fishing, which is great. Love the water too of course :) So sad Tich didn't get to see it go live, but many of us will be thinking of her every time we make use of her system now. Wondering if this is gonna be helpful in any way or maybe make it a bit more complicated to those of us trying to achieve the 'fat fish' goal ?

30 minutes ago, Wonka said:

Wait, from x to y?  Is this some crazy new date format?!?

LOL, no, it’s Joelle’s placeholder/reminder to look up the dates later. See how well it worked out? I’ll edit the post in a bit with the actual dates. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Not before christmas, sorry!

Forget the three spirits.... this is war! 

Image may contain: one or more people

haven will crash into the wurm planet making budda trip over the server cords wiping the server...

im for it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This update will include the priest overhaul

I do hope that we'll see Fo buffed a bit before this comes out!  So far, among priests, we've been nerfed pretty hard!  As a PvE priest, Nahjo outshines Fo in almost every way, this needs redress, unless you wish the priest overhaul to have a negligable impact on the number of priest alts...

• Like 1

Very glad I spend all that time in the past getting fishing to 99.52 ?

• Like 2