Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Compass-Friendly Sailing

It would be a huge QoL boost for those who do a lot of sailing to be able to read compass while sailing without having to first anchor or disembark the ship.

Realism is awesome, and I get it while on horseback or running around on foot, but I've never heard of a captain calling out "All Stop, Set Anchor!" just because he/she needed to quickly glance at their compass for proper heading.   Down with this select piece of wogic and let us go on to laugh about it being a silly thing of the past!  kinda like...   hmm    whats a good example?   :)

• Like 10

+1, +2 if you add wind speed and direction to a ship's compass.

• Like 1

Very much +1

Wouldn't even mind if this was an upgrade to a boat that required a compass and misc other materials to add to the "steering column".

+1, although there needs to be a balance otherwise there is no point in high ql woa compasses.

3 hours ago, Budzilla said:

+1, although there needs to be a balance otherwise there is no point in high ql woa compasses.

How much do you sail?  High Woa compasses would still be very useful when walking or riding a horse/cart/wagon so their value would not diminish.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, madnezz said:

How much do you sail?  High Woa compasses would still be very useful when walking or riding a horse/cart/wagon so their value would not diminish.

So it would only read instantly when on a boat and not on land? I'm all for it for the qol, but it doesn't make much sense logic wise.

Was thinking more along the lines of making the compass part of the ship to get that functionality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madnezz said:

Was thinking more along the lines of making the compass part of the ship to get that functionality.

This would be a cool feature to have added to ships, we already can add a rune to affect speed, so having a nautical compass that could be added on would be nice.

Much better than having to bail out of the boat for a compass reading, but for now a fast high ql compass is better for this than a slow one.

Everyone hates getting out of there boat though, whether its to get a compass reading or those times you cross a server and get dumped in the water, either case is a pain in the arse.

Edited by JakeRivers

On 12/11/2018 at 3:41 AM, madnezz said:

On 12/11/2018 at 2:16 PM, armyskin said:

Hell, could even add a new compass just for adding to boats. +1

Oh, a nautical compass. Good idea.

But if it's just our regular compass working on boats, I'm happy with whatever. Just let me figure out whether I'm veering too far off heading that I'll end up at server border without having to disembark.

Any addition to boats is a +1 from me, sad thing is I don't get lost anymore and having to get off my boat for 0.200th of a second is not a big issue for me but it would defensively help on the early stages of a young explorer!