Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

If you can redesign tap, you can redesign dance!

Hi Everyone! 

it's time for another start deed makeover! Aren't you all excited? 

We're looking for players to form groups and submit design ideas for the Tap Dance starter deed on Celebration

The layout is fairly simple, the deed is a set size of 41x41, and has a large perimeter, we're looking for a design that shows off what's possible in the game, as well as give it that community style for the server, so missing highways, and roads that go nowhere! (Seriously, how does ANYONE on Celebration travel?)

We'll be taking entries for the next two weeks, then you will all have the opportunity to vote on which one you want to represent your server, complete with death tabs from myself.

Entries will need to have a deedplanner file of the proposal, a few screenshots from deedplanner, and a little blurb detailing your proposal. You don't have to worry about materials, as we'll provide them all. (Assembly required, extra nails and shafts may be found at the bottom of the box)

The current deed plan is available here:

https://pastebin.com/Wu2Lb9zP

So grab a friend or three, and get planning!

Entry timeframe closes when this counter expires:

• Like 3

I'd be more worried with the area immediately outside Tap Dance.  It makes Tap Dance look amazing in comparison.

• Like 1

Entry by Allenkey:

My "Tap Dance" design overhauls the area, from terraforming at the south to make it blend with the current sea level, to building a great, vibrant community vibe. I've tried incorporating a site for a Wagoneer and a very small market, to provide some freshly arrived players with some bare essentials, should they want to spend a few silvers. I've tried working into the design some farm fields, a church, lots of different buildings that are skill/theme related and some green space. Some might think it has a great "Imp'along feel", and that, to me, reminds me of a functional community. 

Here are some top-view shots:

Spoiler

RrITc1S.jpg

Top View, south side

78pIyVg.jpg

Top View, North side

znzN2Uf.jpg

Top View, North-East side

YlPm5iI.jpg

Top View, North-West side

View of deed token

Spoiler

1jSIQdq.jpg

opX4SoG.jpg

A few street views

Spoiler

QHVnHcX.jpg

Wagoneer's House

4q1paBo.jpg

The Mini-Marketplace

CblF4Z4.jpg

The Housing Street, north side

frd7Q8J.jpg

The Housing Street, south side

5ZIa3yp.jpg

In front of marble castle

m3J7evN.jpg

The King's Gardens

LKdoPGU.jpg

The Farms

Inside view of a few buildings

Spoiler

IKRyaFe.jpg

The Distillery

loi32bO.jpg

Tailoring shack

lKUC1Y7.jpg

The Fired Forge

GFgCDed.jpg

Timber to Lumber

DYdGZMX.jpg

Inside Marble Castle

tpyPs2P.jpg

The God's Assembly

Here is my Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/GNkqpFCt

Thank you all for your time, and feedback is greatly appreciated! Please tag me in your post if you are providing feedback :) 

Allenkey?

• Like 6

"(Seriously, how does ANYONE on Celebration travel?)" we travel by the ancient old knowledge of knowing the terrain and having a map in our mind handed down to us by past generations who thought us well who needs highways when you know where the best hunting spots are or the gold veins or the elusive slate veins or the best spot for raging unicorns for taming and riding but most of all the crazy mad evil remodelers this is the main reason we pass down that information to make sure we dont anger them by building to close to them

also might actually partake in this this seems like fun
oh also where is the counter

Edited by moonpie
  • Like 1

I am ready to submit the design. The Blackmoor Christmas impalong really took the focus and I was not able to spend as much time on planning. Madnath's help was invaluable, he helped shape this madness.

https://pastebin.com/0BgeC5dM

DeedPlanner is a great asset but it is unfortunately limited. Certain objects, such as barrel racks, eyes and corpses, were not available. Consider the decorations to be a rough guide on what we would want on the deed. To those without an imagination, I apologise.

Thirsty Shark Tavern

This building is dedicated to the brewers and drinkers of Celebration. The alcohol flows free* here and you will always have an ear to hear your tale**. Grab a seat and enjoy!***

Feel like entertaining? We have something for that. In the back of the building is a stage and chairs for a mild audience. Sing, dance, perform! Please note, we are not responsible for injuries from thrown beer steins. You perform at your own risk.

* Only during happy hour which is 22:00 to 23:00, on the second day of Tears every month.

** Listener service only available to those with at least 5 orders in a single session.

*** Please enjoy responsibly.

Quiet Boar Inn

You partied hard in the tavern and now it's time for sleep. Rent one of our luxury beds!

We are required by law to inform you of a recent infestation of fleas and advise you to sleep with your clothes on.

Rated 4 stars on Wurmian Advisor!

The Church

You wake up refreshed at our inn and you realise you made some questionable decisions in that tavern last night. Want to repent? Visit the church. Come for the confession, stay for the sermon!

Still feeling those sins crawling on your back? Take a stroll through the graveyard and have an extra long pray at the shrine.

The Archaeology Museum

We get it, you want to know what treasures are buried deep but you don't want to get your hands dirty. Fabricant has graciously worked endlessly to create and fill a museum of archaeological discoveries! There's statues, strange runed items and not a single shred of his sanity anywhere in sight! He calls it a building of his pain and suffering which is just hilarious! A building wouldn't be able to contain all of it. Even the building looks like it is screaming, which is silly because buildings can't scream.

Golden Valley Bistro

Before you leave Tap Dance and begin your journey into the unknown, stop by the Bistro and grab a snack to eat! Inspired by the diets of those who lived on Golden Valley, raw fish and mushrooms are served every morning. If that's too fancy for your tastes, wait for the lunch service where we serve freshly made gulasch. The dinner service later in the day is the meal, a Wurm classic that's enjoyed by all. What meat do we use for our meals? We'll let you figure that one out.

There's more to the redesign but I'll leave that for you to discover, dear reader. But I can just tell you here if you're not willing to open DeedPlanner.

There's a crafting hall for those beloved smiths, a shipyard for those esteemed shipwrights, a fishing shop for those precious anglers, a library to store our precious knowledge and wagoner stations for those tolerated wagoners.

If you have read this far, I assume you have not been convinced. I offer one final image to win your vote. An image of a stale meme format.

Thank you for your consideration.

Team Shark (Fabricant and Madnath)

Edited by Fabricant
  • Like 10

On 12/5/2018 at 3:47 PM, Retrograde said:

(Seriously, how does ANYONE on Celebration travel?

Boats. We have boats.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:47 PM, Retrograde said:

...(Seriously, how does ANYONE on Celebration travel?)...

We random teleport and hope for the best.

Hopefully they'll set altar qualities equal, as of now the Fo altar is 94ql while others are 92 or quite lower.  I don't see a reason the starter deed needs altars so high to overpower altars on active player deeds.  Makes for bad casting if you are not Fo and live nearby.  ?