Sign in to follow this  
Scottfree2

An end to Uniques please.

I am so sick of all the ###### that accompanies the unique hunts and rewards thereof ...

For the love of God can we please have a rethink on this subject .. in its current state it is toxic, divisive and destructive to the dwindling Wurm comunity

• Like 3

I agree that the Dragon/Unique situation is very problematic but it does not need to "end". The Devs just need to rework it realistically in terms of gameplay enjoyment for all rather than the current status of monetary profit for the few. When there are ways introduced into the game to make a RL profit from playing it a lot of consideration needs to be given to their impact, which seems to be rarely done in these circumstances. This is just one of the more glaring pitfalls.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

play wurm how you want

the rest of us will play wurm how we want

• Like 2

I am sure that this suggestion is as a result of recent 'problems', however, I do not feel that getting rid of unique creatures will benefit Wurm.

I am not a fighter in Wurm and really do not take part in such events except to enjoy the scale piece or blood but, I have seen how such events can bring many players together in their enjoyment of the game. Yes, of course, there are those who are there to get the 'mother-lode' that can be sold for profit but that is their choice and as long as it does not infringe game rules is fine by me. For people like me, being part of a huge lag-ridden event makes me feel like part of the community and it is something that I would not like to be taken away from me.

I would therefore suggest that Wurm developers / creative team take a look at unique events and see if there really is anything broken or any rule that needs to be tweaked- if there is, they are surely the ones who we should trust to fix it after perhaps seeking opinions from as many of the players as possible?

• Like 3

No. It doesn't make sense to get rid of all of the toys because a few kids can't play together well.

• Like 4

-1, Selfish much?  Uh oh, we have a bit of drama between people playing a video game, better find a way to code away the problem, how ridiculous can you be?  The Devs sole focus right now should be new player acquisitions, not knee jerk reactions to trivial  drama.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 2

Can't speak for the freedom situation.... but how about spawning them faster please.

• Like 2

Wurm is a sandbox. Less restrictions & more freedom, not the opposite.

• Like 1

If unique drama bothers you.... stay at your deed.

If you're jealous of loot because you aren't one of the group.... find uniques yourself.

• Like 1

-1 if this recent bit of drama is the worst it gets, then WO is, still the most drama free mmo sandbox game out there. 

The drama problem is a human problem. Not a game code/feature. 

This is not a thought out idea. This kind of empty "suggestions" should be against the rules.

• Like 1

Uniques aren't the problem, certain players attitudes towards them are. The fighting system could do with a rework itself to the level other things have had - highways, bridges/ building, the almanac for forestry, the coming fishing update for just a few examples. But I see nothing wrong with the way uniques themselves work, or their loot drops. We've already had loot drops like scale/hide changed to be fairer and even having them reintroduced at all was something to be grateful for. All in all, the best way to avoid unique drama, is to not get involved/ read unique drama. 

I'm sorry, but -1.

I'd second the notion of not getting involved, but I'd also add:

One option would be to seek out a Wurm Unlimited server with a community more similar to your approach to Wurm.

If you prefer a better humored approach to your gaming than the various "rah rah rah" tykes, you can absolutely find such a community on various WU servers.  Depending on admin, the ruder ones get shut down and out pretty quickly.  Just find a place that's more to your liking and more your style.  The people you relax with can really make or break the Wurm experience.

Don't play with people who make you unhappy.