Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

Cobblestone Texture Change

I think the current cobblestone pavement texture would look so nice when replaced by the stone brick bridge texture. The existing cobblestone looks a little off while the stone brick bridge cobble texture looks really neat and nice like a proper road. 

I've added a picture of the two put together for comparison

unknown.png

Additionally, fences to match the bridge would be super cool. It’s just a much nicer texture all around.

• Like 4

I don't really think the cobblestone road texture would work as a default texture for a bridge, on account of the fact that it's obviously stones on dirt, and bridges aren't made out of dirt.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

I don't really think the cobblestone road texture would work as a default texture for a bridge, on account of the fact that it's obviously stones on dirt, and bridges aren't made out of dirt.

I meant the opposite. I want the pavement texture to be more like the current bridge texture. 

• Like 2

Great minds think alike!

I'm not one of them though, I'm merely copy pasting from 2 posts I remembered @Malena making :)

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/165767-the-cobblestone-floor-we-see-in-stone-bridges-can-we-have-it-as-an-additional-pavement-type/&tab=comments#comment-1692255

From the link above (many more pics in the link)

Cobblestone.jpg

And,

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154228-valrei-international-019/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-1579957

From the link above

bridgepavement.jpg

Edited by Reylaark
figured I should link Malena's name.

So all the cobblestone highways will become the texture on the left?

I don't like it because it isn't as contrast in color.  Cobblestone roads have a sharper difference in multicolor that make them more visible.  

• Like 1

gotta agree with wargasm and jake here, -1

tho I guess we have rough cobblestone, round cobblestone, why not add rectangular cobblestone as another option with that kind of design?

• Like 2

I think the curent cobblestone looks great when there is grass on the sides.

Adding new textures is always welcome though.

Yep, a new pavement texture of the type on stone bridges would be nice to be added to the game. No need to change the current cobblestone texture to that one though. A stone bridge type wall to fill in those gaps between bridges would be nice too.

=Ayes=

+1 for additional textures and walls to match - same for marble bridges, i.e. fences to match height of bridge

Besides, the only low rock fence we have right now are those 10 shard ones.......... Art team, devs who make the pretty images become game objects...... pretty please?  I mean, the textures are half-done already and fence code is there.