Sign in to follow this  
Alkhadias

[Xanadu] Lunar Order Academy CLOSED

I want to get some more attention, as our community started to grown up pretty good recently, so from now I'll be also updating this topic :)

5WdPzRM.png?2

Lunar Order is looking for new and returning players! Join our community, let's make Xanadu better and stronger than before!

What is Lunar Order?

Lunar Order is a group, that plays many different roles to make our experience greater. One of our roles, is to run a really unique and specific Academy to find the best, proper and most valuable players to help us reach some of our many goals. Academy, of course is looking mostly for new or returning players to help them out with basics of the game. To give them opportunity, and prepare enviroment to learn everything they might need in Wurm's world. I will share my knowledge and time with new players to show them how a real Wurmian should be like. What's most important, what qualities should valued the most.

Another part is creating some Role Play bases for our inner community. Role playing in Wurm often becomes a problem, when people starts to limiting themselves by "chosen roles". In Lunar Order it looks a different. I won't limit anybody to any specific professions. That's not the right way. Instead, Lunar Order has already prepared ranks system for villagers. It doesn't require any specific jobs, roles, tasks or gods know what else- nothing that could limit a player in whatever he likes to do! No, it requires patience, and it takes a good person to get higher in ranks. Of course, if there's ranks system, there are also rewards! But, let's get back to it later... Beside that I'm all in for little Roleplay scenes like council meetings and so on, but only for people interested in such things..

Why Academy is "specific"?
First, it mostly stands as military arm of our Alliance to make it's own image. (It's not pvp Academy!). But of course we also want people that prefer living in peacful home and working on their own stuff instead of fighting mobs! And Academy is  prepared for such civilians as well, because we all know they're even more important for proper functionality! :)

But another thing is.... this might not be an Academy like many others, because I need best, determined, patient and trustworthy players. I'm not looking for complainers, toxic people or lazy pretentious ones! Many of recruiting deeds might offer you full set of high enchanted tools, building a house with their own mats for you! If you like it, join them. But if you prefer to work on your own, if you want to accomplish many different tasks just to make your dreams come true, then you're most welcome. If you like helping others if you're all about working in community, you're welcome!  We will teach you, we will show you, we will share all our knowledge, but rest depends on you! Of course, tools and armors you have provided, don't worry! 
You're not obligated to do anything here. Even if I ask you for something, or give you a task, you don't have to do so. If you say "no" it's ok! But if you say you do something, and you won't, everyone will remember here. And I'm taking everything into consideration, when you ask me for promotion. So...
- No complainers

- No pretentious 
- No toxicity

If you're either of those, we'll find out soon enough! 

What Academy Offer?

• Plots of land for players
    • 10 plots of 7x5 size
    • 12 plots of 6x6 size
  •  Public Farmland/ animal pen 21x11.
  •  Public Academy Hall with kitchen, crafting room and sleeping rooms.
  •  Mine with different kinds of veins.
  •  Tools and Armors, better and better over time and getting up the ranks ladder.
  •  Precious rewards for getting higher in ranks!
  •  Help for everyone, knowledge and answering any questions!
  •  Unique ranks system.
  •  Paid jobs- you'll get easy coins for first premium!
  •  Some secrets for Order Veterans. :classic_ninja:

How Academy ranks looks like?

1) Lunar Recruit- Player who just joined our Academy. Such player have two rank paths to choose.

2) Lunar Civil PathPath is supposed for a players who aren't interested in hunting and fighting mobs, but rather prefers to stay and work on their stuff on place and work on deeds. 

• Lunar Peasant
  • Lunar Townsman 
  • Lunar Citizen 

3) Lunar Knight PathPath for those who loves to hunt, travel, adventuring and killing beasts. Peacekeepers of Xanadu.

• Lunar Footman
  • Wolfsguard
  • Lunar Knight

Lunar Order Council
*Military Members of Lunar Order's council are promoted only by Grandmaster, while Citizen Members are chosen by all citizens excluding recruits. *

1) Military Members

• Grandmaster- To grandmaster belongs last final word in any decision making debates. Responsible for whole Order as well as expeditions or training expeditions and giving a tasks to soldiers.
  • Lunar Paladin- First of the Knights, chosen only from Knightly ranks. Need at least 80FS and 70 in any weapon + 50 in secondary weapon and shield at least. Paladin receives seryll helmet, Glimmersteel rings as well as special weapon from armory or money to get a proper weapon of a choice. Paladin has a right to organize expeditions, train lower soldiers and give them tasks. Also has council vote and sits by Council Table. If Grandmasters is unavailable, has a decivie word in any matters regardles Order: accepting recruits, advancing them or judging.
  • Wolfsguard Commander- Needs at least skills needed to become a Knight. Commander might sign his candidacy before he become a Knight. Receives new armor, special bear helmet as a simbol of his rank, as well as Adamantine ring, pads. Sits by Council and has council vote. Main responsible is to help training recruits and wolfsguards, as well as preparing plans for next expeditions. If Grandmaster and Paladin are unavailable, has a decivie word in any matters regardles Order: accepting recruits, advancing them or judging.

2) Citizen Members:

• Lunar Bishop- Receives Star Gem Staff and proper pads. A priest, choosen by citizens from Academy and Homestead might sit by Council Member and advice in priest part of expeditions as well as helps training priests in The Order.
  • Lunar Scholar- Citizen choosen by community to sit by Council Table. Has a vote and speaks for non military community. His responsibility is to develope Academy, recruit new players, and teach them all of the basics. His main teacher and beside Grandmaster has the only right to decide about changing Academy buildings and size shape. If Academy needs any changes, he can decide to do what's needed, tho If it requires funds, must consult with Grandmaster.

Each rank provides selected tools, armors, weapons. What's more, each time you increase your rank, you'll also get a special reward or even payment, proper to your position. People interested in joining, will get more detailed info about stuff provided for each rank on our forum!

Join us Today and Conquer Xanadu on our side!

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 1

Free plots: 2

Current Roster:

Lunar Order Council:

• Grandmaster- Alkhadias, active
  • Lunar Paladin- **
  • Wolfsguard Commander- Nargaroth, active
  • Lunar Bishop- **
  • Lunar Scholar- Zelva, active

Military members:

• Ragnork- Lunar Footman, inactive
  • Biowar- Lunar Footman,  active
  • Schiffshaq- Lunar Footman, active

Civilians:

• Sarcofax- Lunar Townsman,  active
  • Julietta- Lunar Peasant, away
  • Siraries- Lunar Peasant, away
  • Essios- Lunar Peasant, away
  • KharnovKrow- Lunar Peasant,  active
  • Daiderick- Lunar Peasant,  active
  • Alianna- Lunar Peasant,  active
  • Emanuelfgs- Lunar Peasant,  active
  • Jeremia- Lunar Peasant, active
  • Tarnos- Lunar Peasant, active

Lunar Recruits:

• Ronincerberus, active

• Escanor, away

Ongoing Deed Projects/ common work:

• Rebuilding Farmland- In progress
  • Building Stables- Done
  • Building Ondeed Access Bridges- In progress
  • Making catseyes-  Awaiting
  • Finishing Underground Highway- Awaiting

Pictures:

Spoiler

dyUnPD3.jpg

wcqHOf8.jpg

3SK5M13.jpg

wxgj1Zy.jpg

DRlMFAw.jpg

awgRnHj.jpg

whApuqi.jpg

oN5eRcM.jpg

And older pic
jIO1xOI.jpg

First Unique Slaying, hosted by Lunar Order!

Spoiler

Spoiler

"Now i have a while to write...

Great Lizard of the East is dead! Thanks to all of you who came for the battle! I really thank you, as it was the first unique slaying done by Lunar Order. I appreciate it and I hope to not fail you in future!

Almost all finest warriors answered a call! I didn't see some faces that i usually do, I hope to see them on next slaying. Some people had a really hard times, trying to get here, and some didn't managed to do it sadly. But don't worry! Now I know how to prepare an emergency travel for the next party. It was beutiful moment, when our axes, swords, mauls and other weapons were singing as dragon bleed! It was a great lesson for all of us, and great experience for recruit from my Academy! We all proved, once more, that Xanadu and other isles of our great world won't bend before any creature, even most glorious of them!

Special thanks:
- For patience! I didn't expect this dragon to mine that crazy stuff. Almost challenged Theshawv for the Best Miner 2018 title! It took a while before we managed to get it out. Dragon's will of life was strong, yet, not strong enough.

- For the help of my special guests and friends. Without you I would have a really hard time to get this monster out of the mine. Or I would even fail miserably! You weren't supposed to work so hard on getting a critter out, I'm sorry. But for that i got a decent head and torso blow from a Dragon on the very beginning! [21:40:35] The venerable green dragon hits Alkhadias deadly hard in the top of the back and damages it.

- Thanks to Shawv for his great mining experience and help, to Odynn for pretty much the same and butchering, and to everyone else for help with mining, digging, blasting lasers into dragon's head! Bloody for creating best campsite! Clasin for finding breastplate stretcher, so he could attend a slaying! And of course Luttuosa, for being there when dragon were burning me alive, before was finally penned by my Worg!

- Thanks to all priests who managed to bring few lost souls for a slaying, by summoning their souls!

- Thanks to young bull for being there. You did well!

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Discussing tactics against Dragon

SENgMmV.jpg

Outsiders... 
nKAhL8I.jpg

Ships arrived!
xqMZ6A0.jpg

JaQkd1I.jpg

Battle camp!

3Lr99FK.jpg

Freedom Army is waiting!

hg7cmub.jpg

Dragon has been awaken by mining team! "The Dwarves dug too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Xanadu... shadow and flame.."

uCDfRmY.jpg

Battle!
HklHDUF.jpg

QqKIhwb.jpg

End of terror!

Ysy4FXO.jpg

Rolling winners:
2x 80QL set of armors were rolled out for winners!
First set was won... by Ekcin! Please pm me on forum and say what kind of armor you chose!

Second set was won... by Karedion! He already chosed his set :)

Lunar Order, at your service!"

Some pics!

xsybzt8.jpg

t0mtpEN.jpg

317kNGG.png

i4u1Wu2.png

bAEnVPI.png

FvOujo5.png

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 2

*Lunar Order News*

1) Yaoz left our academ and has been removed from rooster!

2) Daiderick has joined Academy and already began his training!

3)... so did Ronincerberus! Both soon should become legitimate Academy and Order members!

Join us while we still have free plots!

*Lunar Order News*

1) Schiffshaq has joined the Order and become a recruit of the Academy!
2) Sarcofax Has also joined the Order on same terms!
3) Xanthose has left the Academy!

4) Public Stables and pens are already done!

Few pictures of new stables!
YzhJTXx.jpg

R4MIA3a.jpg

2Lir1Yx.jpg

3RLYXX1.jpg

Ew80qIW.jpg

*Lunar Order News*

1) Biowar joined our ranks and already chosed military path!

2) Alianna has joined our ranks and chosed civilian path!

3) Escanor joined our academy as a recruit!

4) Sarcofax has joined civilian apth as well!

5) Daiderick also joined civilians!

6) New ongoing projects were annouced! Prepering huge common farmlands!

7) Slowly we are running out of free plots, so join us when you can yet!

*Lunar Order News*

1) Schiffshaq has joined military ranks and became Lunar Footman!

2) Emanuelfgs has joined our Academy and already became Lunar Peasant!

3) Lunar Order for the first time and certainly not last, managed to complete it's duty and server it's purpose! More info soon!

4) We are already low on living plots, however we can still prepare 3 or 4 regular size plots for interested people, and later we will expand our Academy and Homestead!

*Lunar Order News*

1) Christmas already came to Lunar Order! Santa Claus arrived to Academy! When we tried to stop his invasion, he spoke something about... immunity... what was the phrase... [18:33:04] A Santa Claus is protected by the gods. However before he run from our spells and arrow, he dropped something behind! Every active villager received or will receive a package containing- 1 random rare hat, 2-3 random enchanted tools + 2 yellow potions.

2) Lunar Order finally did it's duty, by capturing a grown Green Dragon! A public slaying will be held by our military Councelors and Order troops!

3) After a slaying, we will prepare more housing plots for new recruits, that enters out holy lands all the time! We won't only clean up not used plots of old members, but also we already started working on preparing lands for further expansion!

4) After a slaying, first training expeditions will be prepared for military members, as well as self defense training for willing civilians!

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 2

Lunar Order has hold it's first Unique Slaying! 

Some pics!

xsybzt8.jpg

t0mtpEN.jpg

317kNGG.png

i4u1Wu2.png

bAEnVPI.png

FvOujo5.png

• Like 1

*Lunar Order News*

1) Jeremia, returning player has joined Academy as a recruit!

2) Sarcofax has been promoted to a rank of Lunar Townsman! He's no longer a peasant, so at least he received few coppers for new shoes.

3) Lunar Order has formed new Xanadu Alliance, to gather secular banners united under our sigil.

4) Rooster updated

*Lunar Order News*

1. Tarnos, returning player has joined Academy and joined civilian path!
  2. Jeremia has joined civil path as well!
  3. Zelva has been promoted to become a new civilian council member- Lunar Scholar!
  4. Lunar soldiers and eager civilians just returned from training Expedition on Pristine! Training expedition has provided them skills and knowledge about survival, self defense and hunting! It's been a great fighting training, so certainly we'll do this again soon!
  5. Old, abandoned plots in academy have been cleaned, so now we have still 2 free plots for new recruits!
  6. Rooster updated

*Lunar Order News*

1. Academy citizens and soldiers of the Order have started mining works in common Highway project! We already removed several veins, however there's still many of them! We all hope that Highway Project will end up as soon as possible with help of our allies and neighbours!
  2. Terraforming works for Academy extension are coming along nicely! Almost whole dirt were removed from upper terrace, so soon we'll be ready to start surfacing!
  3. Last weekend Lunar Order has joined Xanadu army to stop Rift Horde! Our troops, supported by citizen milita made a camp before battlefield, and after short preparation joined victorious battle! Screens relation below!

Pictures from Rift:

Soldier of the Order and Academy militia support

Spoiler

affsuWG.jpg

soFMFy1.jpg

1IpbI1V.jpg

Lunar Battle Camp

Spoiler

nDsLLZz.jpg

Worg, sigil beast of the Order who fought and survived the battle!

Spoiler

eLybBEO.jpg

Wolfsguard Commander fighting in battle!

Spoiler

URyiaco.jpg

Brave army of Xanadu!

Spoiler

TyCJJPj.jpg

• Like 1

Greetings everyone!

While our numbers are somewhat diminished, and RL has kept some of us busy and away from Wurm for a while, the Lunar Order Academy is still open and looking for recruits!

We are a small but friendly and supportive community of players looking for people who want an opportunity to get on their feet, settle down, and make their mark on the world! At the moment, as far as I can tell, our active membership consists of Alkhadias, Zelva, and myself.

There are plenty of public amenities available for players to use until they can get their own home set up, including beds, a kitchen, a forge, fields, animal pens, and more! While we have some public projects that you can participate in, we're mostly just looking for people who want to pursue their own goals as part of a supportive and welcoming community. At the moment we have one plot that is ready for someone to claim it, along with a few more that could easily be cleared if needed. The Academy is meant to be a place where new players can get used to Wurm, learn and grow, but veteran players are definitely welcome!

Please feel free to get in touch with me here on the forums or in game (same username) if the Lunar Order Academy sounds right for you!

I am pleased to announce that the Lunar Order Academy has its first new recruit of 2020! Welcome, Tpikol, I hope that you are the first of many to find a happy home at the Academy.

Thank you for your free friendly bump Elwood2!

It was a lovely herald to a post I intended to make last night, only to realize I needed to set up an Imgur account to make it possible.

Behold!

B1Zillc.png

P3wx7n0.png

Thanks to the efforts of Tpikol, with some help from yours truly, we are well on our way to getting ourselves properly connected to the highway network of Xanadu! Soon new villagers will have an easier time finding us by road, and we will be capable of participating in wagoner trade with our neighbours!

There are two main tasks which must be completed before our highway connection is finished: we are building a bridge to reach the top of a steep embankment that connects to the main highway, and we must finish laying down pavement, catseyes, and a waystone.

And so once again I put out a call to anyone who might be interested in coming to join the Lunar Order! Join us for an opportunity to put your skills to use making Xanadu a friendlier and safer place for all, newcomers and veteran players alike!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KharnovKrow said:

making Xanadu a friendlier and safer place for all, newcomers and veteran players alike!

Eww...

Hit me up when you're looking to make it a more demanding and restrictive place that does everything it can to chase away newbs and I'll come help.

3 hours ago, CreZ said:

Eww...

Hit me up when you're looking to make it a more demanding and restrictive place that does everything it can to chase away newbs and I'll come help.

Are we the requisite 20 map tiles away Crez? 😜 If not, I invite you to travel halfway across Xanadu to shout at us to get off your lawn :D 

• Like 1

Hello im new to wurm and looking for academy still recruiting? Hit me 

Ingame name:kivelof

• Like 1

Hello folks. 

I'm officially closing this Academy. It was really fun to do and run this project for a while. Thanks for all the help I got from many of my friends in past times. 
I'll never forget our best times together, however I'm done with Wurm and I really can't run it any longer. It's just impossible to manage it for me or let others manage, because of different technical issues. 

Best of luck to all Wurmians, and keep wurming.