Sign in to follow this  
Hailene

Name and Shame: Oblivionnreaver

I imagine most of this thread will be obliterated by tomorrow morning as censorship these days is so huge.

This is what happens here when the people are told the truth about large organisations. 

Ps. Don't believe everything you see or are told.. or buy stuffs with palm oils init, init.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Niki said:

cb09d6ff93976217c8dfe62c4f7c5899.png

I feel left out, someone please add me to this list.

• Like 1

Wow I went to work and this thread really hit the fan eh? 

This really shouldn't be a name and shame of OR at all. And this is coming from one of the people who was OK to follow the rules we had and allowed OR to join the group. 

Edited by Ehizellbob

So we talk. What now?
Are we going to shake hands with everyone and go on? 

Or P/R group is going to ban whole Wurm from it's slaying events and then rest of servers will start crusades against P/R uniques?
Or maybe we just agree on what have been said, we agree that there's no need to argue, and eprhaps P/R group will highly reconsider it's existance or rewriting their rules totally, to make them possible to understand, execute and follow for everyone?

I think everyone has already enough of arguing, it's not up to real Wurmians. Many great players from P/R group and from other side of barricade stated many things, but there's really no need to further name and shame or risk reputation and bad relations by any of people who talked here. Good name of many great players and their relations aren't worth a stupid bone or 300 bucks. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

Or maybe we just agree on what have been said, we agree that there's no need to argue, and eprhaps P/R group will highly reconsider it's existance or rewriting their rules totally, to make them possible to understand, execute and follow for everyone?

I've already done this. Hopefully. There's some more changes I'd like to make, but we'll be discussing those privately before deciding anything new. 

I can't speak for everybody but I'm pretty sure most have accepted this all and moved on... It's probably about time this thread should do the same. 

• Like 2

Just remember wurmians, this is why any money spent on marketing is a moot point.  Carry on, and enjoy your day.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, totties said:

Just remember wurmians, this is why any money spent on marketing is a moot point.  Carry on, and enjoy your day.

?Level up?

?Okay ? This ? is ? epic ?

58 minutes ago, Ehizellbob said:

I've already done this. Hopefully. There's some more changes I'd like to make, but we'll be discussing those privately before deciding anything new. 

I can't speak for everybody but I'm pretty sure most have accepted this all and moved on... It's probably about time this thread should do the same. 

Maybe instead of making more rules to cover every possible angle, maybe you should just make less rules:

1) Keep private slayings private. No outsiders allowed to roll but anyone is invited to participate.

2) bone goes to finder to cover for expenses/reward for doing the work. Everything else is rolled by the finders/slayers.

3) Everyone else keeps their bloods/leather/scales.

Easy eh? No drama, everyone who put in effort gets rewarded, there is no massive list of do's and dont's, and allows for friends to play together regardless of their origin. I allows for slayings to be real community events and keeps the loot in house.

If the point is not loot and greed and instead you want communuty, being restrictive does nothing but push people away 

• Like 3

What ever happened to it's a game.

I mean is this EvE???

Where is the raw helping community I grown to love and one of the reasons why I still play.

To Shame people because they broke a rule in a game, in a group that he was invited to 2 month prior, on a 1 in million chance. I would keep it to, and probly never use it, or do what he was doing and sell it to pay for deeds and future public slaying that he is known for...

I am shocked we are not shaming all the other private groups with way less then the p/r group. When there is 15-20 slayers, rather than the p/r 40 slayers

When will this thread be locked and deleted?

Shame for calling someone out...

Edited by ZeldaGold
  • Like 1

I hate to say this because there are some great people in the P/R group, but there are also some of the most greedy players I have met to date in this game.

I was part of this group for a long time, I actually started this group along with Aum, wkm and a few on release.

It did used to be very community oriented, but it has long since devolved. I can't get on board with shaming Oblivion for taking any uniques from a group like this, in fact I applaud him for doing so.

I hate to say it like this, but P/R group... get your heads out of between your legs and pay attention to what your doing to yourself. The friendships lost, the people harassed, the greed you allowed take over the cluster over this stupid hunting group.

FYI, I was "kicked" from the group for not being active enough on the servers anymore because I played on chaos.

• Like 2

LOL if the P/R group makes more rules to cover its own greed it's DONE.

Sheesh. What a poop show. Really. LOL.

I thought Skirmishes was savage but you guys need to make a Loot and Harassment thread.
This is why none of my friends play freedom.

Going to return to chaos now, home of the non greed.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Maybe instead of making more rules to cover every possible angle, maybe you should just make less rules:

1) Keep private slayings private. No outsiders allowed to roll but anyone is invited to participate.

2) bone goes to finder to cover for expenses/reward for doing the work. Everything else is rolled by the finders/slayers.

3) Everyone else keeps their bloods/leather/scales.

Easy eh? No drama, everyone who put in effort gets rewarded, there is no massive list of do's and dont's, and allows for friends to play together regardless of their origin. I allows for slayings to be real community events and keeps the loot in house.

If the point is not loot and greed and instead you want communuty, being restrictive does nothing but push people away 

I'm personally really torn between the two options. More or less rules. The group wanted rules written in the first place so that's what I've gone with for now. Hopefully someday they don't need to be over clarified in such a way and we can all just work together and be happy. When a group comes together it's rare everyone gets what they want, but any good person should be willing to compromise. One can dream  though, eh? :)

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I feel left out, someone please add me to this list.

you just made the list list of jericho gif

• Like 7

Had a conversation about this recently, got to the conclusion that people on freedom are meaner, and hate each other much more than people on Chaos... Like honestly...  This is the pure perfect example.

• Like 8

Gonna need wash my keyboard with bleach after typing the following but:

I agree with Gladys on this one.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Had a conversation about this recently, got to the conclusion that people on freedom are meaner, and hate each other much more than people on Chaos... Like honestly...  This is the pure perfect example.

ff706dec8739994b32a1f95a691a572c.png

Both pve and pvp have their toxic players.  Look above at the mixture of two who forum bash everyone and everything.  Then scream at the devs to advertise. Lel.

No one forgives anyone. No one forgets anything, and we all wonder why nothing changes. Keep on wurming.

aaand, now we get to "pvp is superior to pve!"  :rolleyes:

Observe, in  their natural environment, how the Online Wurmian begins their reconciliation ritual. :ph34r:

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Observe, in  their natural environment, how the Online Wurmian begins their reconciliation ritual. :ph34r:

OK, that cracked me up. :P

8 hours ago, RomaN said:

If anything comes out of this thread, it should be the return to some of the old ways where slayings were a public community event that brought people together and happiness ensued.

Honestly I think it'd be better if uniques weren't announced, were much more frequent, couldn't be penned, required fewer people (like 5-7 good players), and gave much lower rewards for each one.

It'd be a pleasant surprise for someone to stumble on one and gather a few friends to kill it. Then again we'd lose out gathering the whole server for the kill. Hrm...maybe not?

8 hours ago, Seriphina said:

It's not the community that benefits from these unique hunts in your exclusionary group, it's the group itself.

Sure. If you want to be needlessly pedantic. The community of the group (which are supposed to P/R members) benefits. That was the point.

If the community as a whole benefited, they would be public slayings, announced in advance, for everyone to participate in. But wait, isn't that usually what Oblivionreaver did on his own? 

I don't think he did. I believe he followed the group's rules (in this, at least) and didn't announce it to outsiders. He usually announces his public slayings on the server's forum, but he didn't.

You said yourself that many members didn't want Oblivionreaver to join, but the few at the top decided that the members don't much matter and let him in anyway.

I said some members left. I never said a few people on top decided it. Some left in protest, but the majority of the remaining people that voiced an opinion okay-ed him joining.

Why do you keep making up stuff?

Apart from that, you keep eluding to these non-monetary benefits, but you haven't actually named any. Apparently there's a long list. Please, enlighten us.

Uh. Sure. I posted them up above.

20 hours ago, Hailene said:

Just a sense of community and fun of the hunt and penning.

8 hours ago, Alyeska said:

but hey this is about the community!

Yeah. The P/R community. I mean, that's why it's the P/R unique hunting group. Really grasping at straws here, guys.

8 hours ago, Niki said:

Regardless, I am starting to think the Pristine/Release group seems to think the world revolves around them specifically or something.

Where does this come from? It's not like we go around and poach other servers' uniques. Nor do we try to dictate the loot rules of others. No one has complained on the public forum about OR penning uniques on P/R before and doing whatever he wanted with the loot.

This instance is different because he went out of the way to ask to join the group and then betray us.

8 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Dont make this your Alamo. It will get you nowhere. It will only turn the Wurm community against you.

This is quite funny. Someone joins a group and betrays the group's trust, and somehow I'm the bad guy. Oh, man, what sort of twisted world do you guys live in where this is acceptable behavior?

5 hours ago, ZeldaGold said:

To Shame people because they broke a rule in a game, in a group that he was invited to 2 month prior

He requested to join the group on his own. And then took advantage of the group and ran off with the loot.

If i joined just to steal loot i would have taken the blue tome that dropped too. maybe i could have told my friend "hey the uniques at x and nobodys searching except for me go pen it and split me the loot" if i was interested in stealing loot, maybe i could have given you the OTHER rare white dragon bone that was in my inventory from the last one i was at, coz i still have one on me. Maybe i could have used the fantastic bone on the next unique bone that dropped and sold that instead. Point is, if i was interested in stealing from you i would have been a bit smarter about it than saying "oh i got a fantastic bone" in local. Saying i took advantage of the group is a bit of a ###### assessment of the situation when i searched about 4/5 of the map by myself, it would have been no different if i wasn't in the group, i maybe would have taken an extra 15 minutes searching places that other people searched.

if you had it written in your rules that as the finder you don't get choice loot loot i would have left before even finding either of the uniques that were hosted for the p/r group. it's not my fault you don't write down your rules, and then either try to explain some hidden rule or make up some bs rule it when you see good loot, but whichever one it is i don't care enough to find out.

12 minutes ago, Hailene said:

The P/R community

is that why plenty of people that live on P/R are excluded from the group? there's literally arguments in the p/r group chat about people who live on the server not being allowed in the group despite living there for years.

13 minutes ago, Hailene said:

No one has complained on the public forum about OR penning uniques on P/R before and doing whatever he wanted with the loot.

no, but i don't act like i don't do that either.

• Like 4

I think this discussion has run its course and both sides have had the opportunity to share their story.

Seeing this devolve into petty arguments and going off topic shows that it's time to close.

*Click*

• Like 11