Sign in to follow this  
Hailene

Name and Shame: Oblivionnreaver

1 minute ago, MrGARY said:

If they're mad about not getting loot well then it's not about the unique experience anymore is it?

I must not have been clear in my OP. The issue isn't the loot. Not directly. The problem is that someone joined a group and then took advantage of that group to their own benefit.

If he didn't want to be part of the group and follow the group's rules then that would be fine. I'm not trying to dictate how all uniques are done.

But I figure if you ask to join a group you should be expected to follow the rules of the group. Is that too much to ask for now?

2 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Ah! So you, someone not even involved in the actual slaying made up the rule after the fact

Is that some hay in your shirt? Because it looks like you're building a strawman over there.

No, It's not a rule that was just made up. It's been something that has been done for literally years. Take your strawmen elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

He is from my server.  

Then it was a mistake to let him in, you're right. But two wrongs don't make a right.

When somrone gets MORE of a reward than the person who drops the money and does all the effort, thats not fairness. Thats a scheme.

Sort of hard to call it a scheme when it is quite clear on what the rules are. If he had disagreed with the rules from the get-go, he should have left the group as soon as he realized he didn't want to follow the rules.

Not cruise along with the group until he could run away with the greatest advantage.

Just now, Hailene said:

Sort of hard to call it a scheme when it is quite clear on what the rules are. If he had disagreed with the rules from the get-go, he should have left the group as soon as he realized he didn't want to follow the rules.

I did exactly that, after i was told that secret rule of the bones were rolled i decided i was no longer in the group.

I had 0 info about that rule before the slaying so i wasn't kicked or left before the slaying.

I asked about loot rules at the hatchling and was told no guidelines so meh

2 minutes ago, Hailene said:

I must not have been clear in my OP. The issue isn't the loot. Not directly.

I think you're projecting how you really feel about it because what I said had nothing to do with what you're complaining about.  Straight up, if this was a rare bone he took there would be no thread.  It is 100% about loot

tfw he actually followed the rules and other p/r members admit it was their own fault their written rules didn't match verbal rules that no one said.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hailene said:

I mean, is everyone so driven by personal gain that they don't things to help the community? Have I been living in some strange bizzaro patch of Wurm where people go out of their way to help people and help the community? 

People still do nice things. Impalongs, newbie recruiters, public infrastructure projects. Those are selfless, nice things for community.

But come on, you're talking about "helping the community" when there's a group of people who take it up to themselves to decide, who gets to take part in slaying the dragon and who is not welcome.

Once someone is "in", they're not allowed to attend public or other out-of-group slayings (in P&R) anymore. That's not helping the community; that's dictating.

If your group really wanted to help the community, all slaying were public and all loot was always rolled to everyone on the kill list.

I find it hard to believe not a single person in your group knew of OR's origin. Someone must've known it was "against the rules", he hasn't exactly been living quietly under a rock. But he was allowed to join and several people left (your words) due to that. You haven't explained that part, I guess there's dirt you don't want to reveal.

You should start shaming those that didn't say "Wait, doesn't he live in Independence?"

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Not cruise along with the group until he could run away with the greatest advantage.

Not in the rules by your own admission, what was posted, or what was agreed upon by everyone during the slaying. You dont get to make up rules after the fact when you arent even part of the team.

Case in point:

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

I did exactly that, after i was told that secret rule of the bones were rolled i decided i was no longer in the group.

I had 0 info about that rule before the slaying so i wasn't kicked or left before the slaying.

I asked about loot rules at the hatchling and was told no guidelines so meh

Nothing further, your honor.

2 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

You should start shaming those that didn't say "Wait, doesn't he live in Independence?"

No,it doesnt fit his narrative. He just wants to imp pitchforks.

There is alot of defensive righteous thought going on.  next time this happens to you, it's better to reflect inward a while and ask the REAL questions for the bother, there you will find the answers.   There is enough posted here to give alot of helpful advice even if the style of delivery burns a little in it's rough packaging. 

My tormentor worded it best, tis why I revere you sphongle. 

Hailene, you seem ok, Obliv has always seemed ok and i believe both those things remain true.  Think yuh got swept up in something, and there needs to be a tough examination of where this great intent went of forming the group to where it is now.  Few find it consistent thus few find it attractive.  That's my best  with tact and thoughtfulness.  Be well.

I'm not sure where my lovely offerings of "The little red Hen book" and "Who moved my cheese" book went, but must of offended someone..who can know these things..bewildered.  These are universal truths that one can benefit from at anytime in their life..take a gander and read sometime.  Love you all most of the time. peace out.  

Edited by Bloodscythe

8 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Straight up, if this was a rare bone he took there would be no thread.

I hope there would have been a thread.

8 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

other p/r members admit it was their own fault their written rules didn't match verbal rules that no one said. 

Yeah our mistake of not having the rules 100% clear. We've actually rectified this by making rules extremely clear. The whole document is like 3-4 times as long as the previous one.

This is the sort of stuff that caused us to put warnings on the side of peanut bags that say "contains nuts".

6 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

But come on, you're talking about "helping the community" when there's a group of people who take it up to themselves to decide, who gets to take part in slaying the dragon and who is not welcome.

It's the community of P/R. I don't know, we might feel a little bit closer than most other groups since we were alone for a year and half.

Sure, new people come, but that's just part of playing the game. Lots of these people I've been playing with since I started.

Once someone is "in", they're not allowed to attend public or other out-of-group slayings (in P&R) anymore.

Incorrect. They're allowed to join public slayings freely regardless of the group hosting it. They're not allowed to attend private slayings held by rival groups.

I find it hard to believe not a single person in your group knew of OR's origin.

I don't know what everyone else knew, but I didn't know where he was from. He doesn't have his server attached to his forum profile.

I just assumed he was somewhere on P/R since he was prowling for the P/R uniques so often. Does that mean he spends so much time going across all the servers so diligently?

Wait, where does he live? Angelklaine just said he lived on Cele?

5 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

You dont get to make up rules after the fact when you arent even part of the team.

No. That's how it's always been done. Nothing was said about the bone explicitly in the rules, true, but the bone should always be rolled. The penners weren't the ones that got to keep it.

1 minute ago, Hailene said:

He doesn't have his server attached to his forum profile.

1177034d8cd14b8b4508ca819c974178.png

??????????????????????

spend as much time searching profiles as you do searching for uniques

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Wait, where does he live? Angelklaine just said he lived on Cele?

I never said he lives in Cele. I said he lives in my server.

9 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

1177034d8cd14b8b4508ca819c974178.png

??????????????????????

spend as much time searching profiles as you do searching for uniques

Looooooool.

10 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I never said he lives in Cele. I said he lives in my server.

Weird. Your server tag says you're on Indie. Confusing.

10 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Looooooool.

Yeah. He changes his profile to mock people. Woohoo.

That's just how he is.

Edit: Stepping out for a bit.

Edited by Hailene

My profile has been indy since i made my forum account. imagine not even checking someone's profile and assuming that it wasn't there

those my 2 deeds if you're interested.

35 minutes ago, Pankivtanke said:

TBH im not sure if Oblivion is wrong in this situation, but im sure in his greed. 

Just remembered, when Lordlouis made slaying at P/R only part of their community got rolls, and that was fine for me. i understand this is another situation, just sayin.

This was when i was part of the group, I was not told about the bone rule either. The three I helped with on pristine cost me 15s in shaker orbs, the bones got rolled randomly. I did not resent the fact searchers and penners got nothing and loot was rolled between 100 odd people, that is how we always did our public slayings.  The reason I actually left the group though was; I was told explicitly that due to the RULES, Zoranah, my partner in all things, could not attend slayings even if she found the thing, even the fact her hunting on the server got vile reactions. Fancy that! Gota love karma. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Weird. Your server tag says you're on Indie. Confusing

It said Celebration. I changed it thanks to you pointing it out. I dont frequently check my own profile. But yes, I have lived in Indy for months now, and thats where Oblivionn lives. He has been there for quite a while now. 

Most people who know anything about Oblivionn know this. Its not a secret. I believe that the reason you are being pointed at for this is because you said that even people were upset about the rules being bent to allow him to join. Oblivionn is a merchant and he constantly posts on trade chat, which clearly states what server you are from. I find it very very hard to believe that no one in your team knew this fact, and allowed him to join without even checking where he is from. ???

A long time ago:

• There was only 1 non-pvp server (excluding golden valley).
  • Uniques were truly unique. There was only 1 on the server and they didn't respawn.
  • There was only one type of dragon that dropped scale, the Red Dragon.
  • There was no such thing as bones, skull or tomes.
  • Scale/Drake was butchered from the corpse in several lump chunks and you couldn't really split it to give to everyone.

Back then, public slayings were common and most people were happy just for a chance to attend a slaying for the title and experience.

Nowadays people fight over ownership of a unique, the distribution of loot and not being included in fights and we have alliances on servers creating rules forbidding members from attending the slayings of "outsiders". It's not right.

If anything comes out of this thread, it should be the return to some of the old ways where slayings were a public community event that brought people together and happiness ensued.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, LordLouis said:

This was when i was part of the group, I was not told about the bone rule either. The three I helped with on pristine cost me 15s in shaker orbs, the bones got rolled randomly. I did not resent the fact searchers and penners got nothing and loot was rolled between 100 odd people, that is how we always did our public slayings.  The reason I actually left the group though was; I was told explicitly that due to the RULES, Zoranah, my partner in all things, could not attend slayings even if she found the thing, even the fact her hunting on the server got vile reactions. Fancy that! Gota love karma. 

Wow ... Hahahaha.

Gotta love this. Comeon guys. This horse is dead. Lets stop beating it.

• Like 1

Wow ... Hahahaha.

Gotta love this. Comeon guys. This horse is dead. Lets stop beating it.

/release corpse

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hailene said:
1 hour ago, Seriphina said:

If you're going to quote a statement, quote the whole thing instead of picking and choosing the pieces you like.

Sure. It's a bit spammy but if that's how you like it.

I actually meant where you only responded to the portion of the sentence that suited you, but sure, we can play this out.

50 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Just to make sure I understand this right, your expectation is that members are supposed to spend their time, silver on a deed, and a shaker orb to pen a unique. Then, IF it has a tome, they get to claim one charge? What about every other unique that doesn't have a tome? They're supposed to offer their time and money based on the charity of being in an exclusionary club?

No. They offer their time and money because they care about the community. The "reward" for their work is the satisfaction of finding and trapping the unique and hosting it for the community. Sort of like why people bother to host Impalongs--where's the material gain in that?

I mean, is everyone so driven by personal gain that they don't things to help the community? Have I been living in some strange bizzaro patch of Wurm where people go out of their way to help people and help the community?

It's not the community that benefits from these unique hunts in your exclusionary group, it's the group itself. If the community as a whole benefited, they would be public slayings, announced in advance, for everyone to participate in. But wait, isn't that usually what Oblivionreaver did on his own?

51 minutes ago, Hailene said:

The statement after all points out that your "group" isn't charitable, it's designed to be exclusionary to the people who are not members, yet somehow the members are supposed to benefit from these hunts that they may not even get reimbursed for their cost of participation.

Your idea of "benefit" is completely focused on monetary gain. If that's the case, why the P/R hunters worked in the group will never make sense to you.

I understand why you would be confused.

What other reason is there to participate in exclusive unique slayings apart from monetary gain? Every item that results from the slaying of a unique has an associated value in silvers.  It's not just because they love trekking around for hours, almost forgetting to drop their tent before they die, or they just really love the skill point loss that comes with death.  They're in it for the gains, either the tome skills (which have a silver value they don't want to have to shell out) or the items.

56 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

Not sure if you know what a pyramid scheme looks like. It would be a few at the top benefiting from the work of the many underneath. If you want to look at it purely from a monetary gain--which would be foolish since it isn't based on monetary gain, but let's humor you--it would be a reverse pyramid scheme since the many benefit gain more benefits from the searchers. In a purely monetary sense.

But let's not forget the other benefits.

Which ever way you look at it, it's pointy on one end with a wide base.  The leadership seems to change rules at a whim to suit their own desires, members be damned. You said yourself that many members didn't want Oblivionreaver to join, but the few at the top decided that the members don't much matter and let him in anyway.

Apart from that, you keep eluding to these non-monetary benefits, but you haven't actually named any. Apparently there's a long list. Please, enlighten us.

You're also not allowed to EVER, under any circumstance, make a dragon slaying public. If you choose to make a humanoid slaying public, you're forbidden from rolling the loot to OUTSIDERS. You can bring unlimited alts for extra drake pieces but not your partner or a good friend, because it takes away from OUR drake drops.

It's in the written rules!

but hey this is about the community! It's not about filling your own pockets.

• Like 6

Either way, someone had to know, but they didn't say anything or were overruled for reasons we're not told (maybe that's why they left the group, or were made to leave?)

Even if you, Hailene, had no part and are really a blue eye'd justice seeker for your "rules" (unfortunate for you), I stand to my judgement - greed.

*pokes the horse one more time*

I only see one other person kind of siding with Hailene.

*yup, dead as dead*

As I said before, I don't know who you are Hailene but that's okay. I do think this isn't reasonable of you to make another series of accusations against a player whom has shown what a good community Wurm can be. I'm not even on Oblivionnreaver's friend list. I've never been invited to his 'private hunts' for example cause mainly I hate to travel in Wurm and being a unique hunter takes a toll after awhile. Were actually competitors in a way I guess being in the rare game. I've always respected his knowledge of the game and generally is very well versed in the going ons as well much like myself. Sometimes I think he is game dev because of his encyclopedia of wisdom about Wurm. I thought I knew a lot of stuff but he makes me look like a silly old noob.

Oblivionnreaver has shown extreme charity and generosity in live streams with some VEN people. I always hear Emoo giving away stuff and then proceeding to thank him for the donations. He's a decent person, not to mention he has made probably more public hunts then anyone has in the past. Far more than WKM ever did! Also I don't know if you recall but after someone called out WKM it basically made him stop doing public hunts all together!

Being how poor the unique system is in this game and how in dire need of a overhaul. It's legit the worst system I've ever encountered in my 20+ years of online gaming and it just leads to toxicity and drama; but that's besides the point. However I will say EverQuest raids were easier than this system!!! Let's not make Wurm uniques anymore annoying with the return of private groups all the time and never any open public groups for blood!

Regardless, I am starting to think the Pristine/Release group seems to think the world revolves around them specifically or something. Your 'rules' or whatever are extremely toxic and I was shocked and horrified to hear that it was written by a PR person by all people. I think it's extremely odd for such a small game to annihilate everyone else that doesn't live on YOUR server or because you heard from someone that this particular person is rude. Have you ever met that person before banning them forever? Are you a sheep listening to your master all the time? I known for awhile that your groups were cliquey but I didn't know it was this bad. Also most of your 'bans' are unjustified and have baseless claims because 'he said, she said'. Don't forget to add me to your list if I'm not already!

cb09d6ff93976217c8dfe62c4f7c5899.png

So I'll say it again, Haliene, and everyone else who has a issue with Oblivionnreaver. Leave him alone! REEE! 

3 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

You're also not allowed to EVER, under any circumstance, make a dragon slaying public. If you choose to make a humanoid slaying public, you're forbidden from rolling the loot to OUTSIDERS. You can bring unlimited alts for extra drake pieces but not your partner or a good friend, because it takes away from OUR drake drops.

yours group same, dont see reason to point it out 

Just now, Pankivtanke said:

Of course my group is the same - it's the same group. How do you think I can read these rules? They have had no issues letting off-server outsiders join as long as those outsiders provide loot for the group, even when it's against their own rules. For Lordlouis, they didn't have to let Zoranah join in, because he already provided hem with access to the uniques they found.

I have no issues with private slayings or slayings done for the hunters gain, but I do have an issue with someone pretending this is about a community perspective, and slandering someone with implications of theft. The only reason this thread is here is because the bone is fantastic. No written rules were broken. Nothing was stolen. Written rules were broken in other circumstances and nobody said anything. Rules were changed when people disliked them. The same situation has happened in the past with a rare bone, and no threads or consequences. There's only a single, very different factor here. Whether it's monetary value or perceived in-game value of this item, it's pretty clear that's what it's about.

No matter how hard you scream that it's about the community aspect. It's not. The hardcore rules and enforcement (or breaking of) of them is actually what made a lot of people quit that community hunting party.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pankivtanke said:

Her group does the same? Which group? TC? Hell, you are WELCOME to attend TC dragon slayings! I am SURE that you can even keep all the loot for yourself if you manage to grab the corpse! The only problem is... well... you have to make it out of Chaos with it. But still,  am sure they will love to have you visit!

15 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

@Hailene

Knowing Alyeska like I do and knowing how long she has been a beloved member of the Wurm Community, I tend to implicitly trust what she has to say. I urge you to sit back and reasses the situation. This is an argument you wont win.

Dont make this your Alamo. It will get you nowhere. It will only turn the Wurm community against you.

Ran out of likes.  I good bell weather measurement here should be when you find yourself agreeing with jakerivers on the correctness of his statement.  Here you know someone has really gone rogue and messed up badly.  You've said it succinctly JR. it's greed and it's hyporcrisy.  you muh man of the hour.

• Like 1