Sign in to follow this  
Hailene

Name and Shame: Oblivionnreaver

9 minutes ago, Hailene said:

That's the crux of it all. If he hadn't ASKED to join the group, joined the group, used the group's intel, and then ran off with the bone then this would have been fine.

If he never joined the group then he fully deserves everything, right? But if you join a group on your own freewill and then willingly break that group's rules, surely there should be some repercussion, right?

He not only followed your group's rules to the letter but he even asked about possible hidden rules that may be implied an not a single person piped up.

11 minutes ago, Hailene said:

What? Have you been talking to someone else again?

You allowed a person not from P/R to join the P/R group, no? Thats why we are here? Thats a violation of your group rules, by your own admission. But yeah lets ignore that rule.

So... He's violating which rule again? The non existent bone rolling rule? Yeah. Just read up. Its all there. I guess is not me talking to someone else, but you failing to read your own thread. Kudos bro, well done.

• Like 1

@Hailene

Hell you should read and talk to your mates bud. Stop this campaign. You are raging about somrthing that 1) You had no right to. 2) No one in your group with a right to has an issue with. 3) The person who actually would had earned the bone is okay with OR getting it.

You are just huffing hot gas, kid. Stop before you ruin your own reputation further.

3 minutes ago, Pankivtanke said:

↑ minions attack, defend bucks

Most of people talking here are old veterans, well known and renowned Wurmians. Everyone explains own statements, and you are... who you are? Just coming here to call everyone minions without any explaination, without any arguments. Who is the minion, excuse me?

Anyway this shows only that thread no longer serves as a place for any dispute. Dispute went to dirt, let's drop it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pankivtanke said:

and you cant do anything with it anyway, there are his minions who tell he is right

Pretty much. I don't expect anything to happen, but just sharing his "good" name to the rest of the community is about the best I can do.

Maybe it'll lead to some sort of hardcoded unique mechanics change? Who knows.

8 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

I will PM you the name of the previous person who did this and you can go ahead and start a thread about them, too

You're free to start up a new thread if you'd like

6 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

He not only followed your group's rules to the letter but he even asked about possible hidden rules that may be implied an not a single person piped up.

When the rules were clarified to them he basically just told us he was going to keep the bone regardless.

6 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

You allowed a person not from P/R to join the P/R group, no?

What server does he normally live on?

wurm veterans lol, seems more like wurm milkers? you cant say who i am bc you dont know, and i know who you are

4 minutes ago, Hailene said:

When the rules were clarified to them he basically just told us he was going to keep the bone regardless.

Was this before, or after the fantastic bone was discovered? I mean, the copy paste can be seen above.

5 minutes ago, Hailene said:

What server does he normally live on?

I wonder... Is not like I've done deliveries and services to him or anything. 

4 minutes ago, Pankivtanke said:

wurm veterans lol, seems more like wurm milkers? you cant say who i am bc you dont know, and i know who you are

Such a eloquent and intriguing individual!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angelklaine said:

Such a eloquent and intriguing individual!

oof

lets just close this thread by "OR is owner of this part of wurm gameplay" minions would not tell anything against and other people just dont tell anything bc (hahaha) wurm veterans reputation ( you can take rare sandstone brick from shelf for that highly important title )

Edited by Pankivtanke

Just curious, isn't OR mostly Indie habitant? What made you accept him to the PR group?

9 hours ago, Hailene said:

There was disagreement on whether to let him in or not--several members left over it--but in the end he was let in.

It just has "greed" written all over it.

You let OR join you, because him being a rival was not good for "business". You let him join, even if it meant losing several of your current members.

Loyalty and group friendship was sold for more uniques. Shame on you.

Wouldn't expect much sympathy.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pankivtanke said:

lets just close this thread

Never attempt to stifle intelligent debate no matter the minimal to be found, for therein lies the key to understanding the issue and those positions involved within it. Soon enough those with their imposing wings of invisibility will make what once was no more. Minds will go blank with thoughts withheld from public view. As forgetfulness sweeps in to create those lumps swept under the rug they will create soft pillows to cradle weary heads as they dream of potential riches to come in the imagined years ahead. Amazed shall we awaken to the next day full of surprise and delight that we are still here when our meager contributions to this dire tribute have all but vanished or are locked into submission to comment no more. Soon enough mr.unknown, soon enough.....

=Ayes=

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Never attempt to stifle intelligent debate no matter the minimal to be found, for therein lies the key to understanding the issue and those positions involved within it. Soon enough those with their imposing wings of invisibility will make what once was no more. Minds will go blank with thoughts withheld from public view. As forgetfulness sweeps in to create those lumps swept under the rug they will create soft pillows to cradle weary heads as they dream of potential riches to come in the imagined years ahead. Amazed shall we awaken to the next day full of surprise and delight that we are still here when our meager contributions to this dire tribute have all but vanished or are locked into submission to comment no more. Soon enough mr.unknown, soon enough.....

=Ayes=

ok, you can also have sandstone brick, dont thank

30 minutes ago, Pankivtanke said:

lets just close this thread

"Drat! Our clumsy attempt at difamation backfired! The community sided with him! Abandon ship!"

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Was this before, or after the fantastic bone was discovered? I mean, the copy paste can be seen above.

It was done by me when it was brought to my attention. As I wasn't there at the time (I had an appointment elsewhere and couldn't attend the fight), it was after he had run off with the bone.

47 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I wonder... Is not like I've done deliveries and services to him or anything. 

So are you're saying we broke the rules for letting a non-P/R person in the group and intimate that he isn't from P/R...but then don't actually know where he's from? Really? Or are you being a bit coy about his actual "main" server?

39 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

Just curious, isn't OR mostly Indie habitant? What made you accept him to the PR group?

I'm not sure where he's mostly based at. If he is, then it was a mistake letting him in.

Honestly, I think mostly people just wanted to reduce the drama of the unique hunts and try to get everyone cooperating. At least that was my thoughts on the matter.

40 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

It just has "greed" written all over it.

That's a mighty big and, at least in my case, mighty wrong assumption.

15 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

"Drat! Our clumsy attempt at difamation backfired! The community sided with him! Abandon ship!"

who told i wanna abandon my words? i want to close it bc no one will go against smarty pants like you and other minions. There is no point share thoughts bc only "mighty wurm veterans" have this option. Or their minions.

i dont even playing wurm now, just checking forum from time to time. And when i see thread named like this, i was like "lul you just noticed?" and sure, im not only one who see greed of wurm milkers, but huh, they are not veterans, they are new players, who gives a single pup about their thoughts?

Edited by Pankivtanke

Just to make sure I understand this right, your expectation is that members are supposed to spend their time, silver on a deed, and a shaker orb to pen a unique. Then, IF it has a tome, they get to claim one charge? What about every other unique that doesn't have a tome? They're supposed to offer their time and money based on the charity of being in an exclusionary club?

My understanding is that when someone pens a unique, they get the bone to make up the costs of the penning. If they're charitable, the rest gets rolled for the people there, and everyone walks away with blood & whatever armor material just for being present.

The way this is painted, Oblivionreaver isn't the bad person in this scenario.

Congrats on your fantastic bone, Oblivionreaver. Well deserved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seriphina said:

They're supposed to offer their time and money based on the charity

Yes. That's what they do.

I mean, is everyone so driven by personal gain that they don't things to help the community? Have I been living in some strange bizzaro patch of Wurm where people go out of their way to help people and help the community?

2 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

My understanding is that when someone pens a unique, they get the bone to make up the costs of the penning.

You are mistaken at least as far as how our P/R group worked. It's okay, we all make mistakes.

Just now, Hailene said:

Yes. That's what they do.

I mean, is everyone so driven by personal gain that they don't things to help the community? Have I been living in some strange bizzaro patch of Wurm where people go out of their way to help people and help the community?

You are mistaken at least as far as how our P/R group worked. It's okay, we all make mistakes.

If you're going to quote a statement, quote the whole thing instead of picking and choosing the pieces you like.

4 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

They're supposed to offer their time and money based on the charity of being in an exclusionary club?

The statement after all points out that your "group" isn't charitable, it's designed to be exclusionary to the people who are not members, yet somehow the members are supposed to benefit from these hunts that they may not even get reimbursed for their cost of participation.  Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

TBH im not sure if Oblivion is wrong in this situation, but im sure in his greed. 

Just remembered, when Lordlouis made slaying at P/R only part of their community got rolls, and that was fine for me. i understand this is another situation, just sayin.

6 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

If you're going to quote a statement, quote the whole thing instead of picking and choosing the pieces you like.

Sure. It's a bit spammy but if that's how you like it.

11 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

Just to make sure I understand this right, your expectation is that members are supposed to spend their time, silver on a deed, and a shaker orb to pen a unique. Then, IF it has a tome, they get to claim one charge? What about every other unique that doesn't have a tome? They're supposed to offer their time and money based on the charity of being in an exclusionary club?

No. They offer their time and money because they care about the community. The "reward" for their work is the satisfaction of finding and trapping the unique and hosting it for the community. Sort of like why people bother to host Impalongs--where's the material gain in that?

9 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

The statement after all points out that your "group" isn't charitable, it's designed to be exclusionary to the people who are not members, yet somehow the members are supposed to benefit from these hunts that they may not even get reimbursed for their cost of participation.

Your idea of "benefit" is completely focused on monetary gain. If that's the case, why the P/R hunters worked in the group will never make sense to you.

I understand why you would be confused.

10 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

Not sure if you know what a pyramid scheme looks like. It would be a few at the top benefiting from the work of the many underneath. If you want to look at it purely from a monetary gain--which would be foolish since it isn't based on monetary gain, but let's humor you--it would be a reverse pyramid scheme since the many benefit gain more benefits from the searchers. In a purely monetary sense.

But let's not forget the other benefits.

Just now, Hailene said:

it would be a reverse pyramid scheme since the many benefit gain more benefits from the searchers

Hey you figured out why you have an average of 3 searchers grats

• Like 1

Tbh it's more like name and fame really, I didn't count anything so don't yell at me if it's wrong but it certainly feels like theres way more public slayings lately, which allow far more of the community to get to experience uniques.  If they're mad about not getting loot well then it's not about the unique experience anymore is it?  Sure, anyone that spends 6 seconds on niarja can see that for a while now I've been invited to his private slays so they can yell bias.  But even for private kills that I've been at, bones/skulls/junk get rolled on.  If he has an alt thats there that gets extra hides it gets rolled.  I don't think any tomes got rolled off unless it was private to searchers/penners, but that doesn't bother me and I don't care to ask because I haven't done anything but show up so I consider it lucky to even be part of rolling any loot at all, especially considering no public slay will be rolling loot.  If I wanted tomes, I'd put in the work for them which I have by winning the game a few times, instead of feeling entitled enough to get something I definitely didn't put in any effort for.  Hunting uniques is not something I'm good at putting effort in for so I can only give my thanks to people that make it available.

The mentality that people are entitled to their share of what they didn't earn is where opinions will vastly differ.  If the bone/tome dropped in a way that the finder cannot control, it will just encourage far worse privatizing of all unique slays.

• Like 10

mfw we need Oprah, and YOU get a fantastic bone and YOU get a fantastic bone and YOU get a fantastic bone!  I"m quite sure she has stories where even that went wrong and getting missive letters of anger.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Hailene said:

It was done by me when it was brought to my attention. As I wasn't there at the time (I had an appointment elsewhere and couldn't attend the fight), it was after he had run off with the bone.

Ah! So you, someone not even involved in the actual slaying made up the rule after the fact and are now upset it wasnt followed. Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

33 minutes ago, Hailene said:

So are you're saying we broke the rules for letting a non-P/R person in the group and intimate that he isn't from P/R...but then don't actually know where he's from? Really? Or are you being a bit coy about his actual "main" server?

Its called sarcasm. I know where he lives. He is from my server. 

18 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Your group seem to dismiss the common courtesy of thanking someone for their money and effort. When somrone gets MORE of a reward than the person who drops the money and does all the effort, thats not fairness. Thats a scheme.

• Like 1