Sign in to follow this  
Gladiator

Chaos Skirmishes thread moderation

This is something that's been bothering me, and i believe the PVP community as a whole.

Just an hour ago a drawing was posted on the skirmishes thread, and a moderator took it down because it apparently revealed "real life info" ... the drawing was the Mcdonald's clown wearing a greathelm. That lead to about one full page of posts being deleted. 

This has been happening time and time again. People outside the PVP community come in, take down as much as they want saying how its offensive (Even though it's only offensive to them and not to the actual people using the thread) , how it breaks rules (even tho it usually does not) and how its against which and whatever policy.

I belive that the PVP threads should not be moderated like the PVE threads. The pvp community is not only more mature but the banter, the insults, the making fun of the enemy you just killed, that's all part of the fun and everyone who's ever been on chaos will agree.

What im suggesting here is either less moderation on that side, or at the very least moderation provided by someone who understands the PVP community. 

Thank you,

Glad.

• Like 7

+1, nothing to add, its a PvP

Edited by Votip

need a unofficial forum just like a unofficial discord

+1 bring back lighter moderation on skirmish thread please

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niki said:

need a unofficial forum just like a unofficial discord

Why is that needed? Because some guy on Xanadu is offended? I don't believe that should be the solution.

You can't ask for less moderation whilst people in kingdoms are reporting anything that resembles a insult, so a mod comes looking, then make a post requesting mods look there a lot less. 

Just now, Mclavin said:

You can't ask for less moderation whilst people in kingdoms are reporting anything that resembles a insult, so a mod comes looking, then make a post requesting mods look there a lot less. 

Sorry but, ive only ever reported whereami's posts that were extremely bad and also not on the Chaos forums so.... I can make a suggestion thread

If they expect this game to grow then they should figure this out now.  In the future could be few hundred PvPers on forums.  Half of the entire game of Wurm Online is PvP.

That's you personally, I've got 2 topics open with players in your kingdom and issues they have apparently, so if you want less moderation, do less reporting? 

Just an idea people.

quite a few of my posts were removed the last 2 days because of the spam of reporting. 

It's silly. But, this will be what skirmishes is because of this Trolling behavior.
if you want to joke, joke, but don't cry when jokes are said back. Same with the reports I guess.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

If they expect this game to grow then they should figure this out now.  In the future could be few hundred PvPers on forums.  Half of the entire game of Wurm Online is PvP.

I'd prefer if they just cut support on the forums and discord and focused on the game in reality. I feel like it would be better time spent.

I mean Mclavin, I get your point here truly.

But I was on the forum team and the skirmish thread is alot more heavily moderated then it used to be and stuff has always been reported ALOT. Niki will know this as well as she was also on the team.

The difference between now and then is purely the way its moderated.

• Like 3

hello my auction thread has 42 replies only 2 of them being actual bids can you spend less time moderating people who are joking around and more time moderating that ty ty

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

hello my auction thread has 42 replies only 2 of them being actual bids can you spend less time moderating people who are joking around and more time moderating that ty ty

And that wasn't even on PvP servers.  LOL

I can understand the feeling of being overly moderated but there's something important you have to remember here.

Just because it's a PvP section does not mean forum rules don't apply.

Ingame, PvP is loosely moderated because a certain amount of smack talk is to be expected, it's fighting, tempers are raised and things happen, we still draw the line at real life insults. The same goes on the forums.

Recently we've had a rise in the number of people claiming real life is being referenced in insults, and the accusations that this is fake information purely designed to get someone banned which is frankly disappointing behaviour on both sides. Being PvP does not mean you all have immunity from forum rules, and just because you lose a fight ingame does not mean you should resort to getting someone else moderated or banned on the forums or from Discord. 

Usually what happens is a post breaking the rules is posted, and a half dozen comments reference it. this means when the violating post is removed, the comments referencing it are cleaned up as well. That's why usually half a page disappears.

If you wish to have less posts removed, follow the simple rules. 

8 minutes ago, Niki said:

I'd prefer if they just cut support on the forums and discord and focused on the game in reality. I feel like it would be better time spent.

Different teams, I'm not sure the forum moderation team would do well standing around ingame. Seriously, Firestarters nickname is hatstand

• Like 4