Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Empty raft - weight 106.1 kgs

Just noticed that one of my rafts has a strange weight - checked on different alts. Not a serious issue but maybe interesting bug-wise:

SMvMaKW.png

Edited by Jaz

Was the extra-heavy raft made recently or have you had it for a long time?

EDIT: Oddly enough, that weight (106.10kg) is extremely close to the total of all the parts used, totaling 106.40kg, but without the initial large nails used to create. Could just be a coincidence, but maybe it somehow "forgot" to set the weight properly when finished, leaving it as the total former weight instead.

Edited by Ostentatio

I have no idea how old the raft is - I have tons scattered around. I suppose it should not be very fresh though, did not create any lately.

For a short while maybe 4-5 years back there was a bug where unfinished items kept their weight, producing items like these

• Like 1

Very possible it may still be one of those - should I hide it on an alt before I see its name change to unstable raft? :P

If anyone can confirm being able to make these let me know, otherwise probably legacy stuff.

sounds like legacy, tuck it away as an oddity

pretty sure I found a raft like that once on chaos

On 12/3/2018 at 3:00 PM, Jaz said:

Just noticed that one of my rafts has a strange weight - checked on different alts. Not a serious issue but maybe interesting bug-wise:

SMvMaKW.png

If you can PM me the location of the raft, I can have someone come look at it.

I too think it's a legacy raft.  I have some 8kg small barrels which I made at the same time as Mrgary mentions the unfinished vs finished weight issue.

I'm fine with it and its oddity - if nothing else I'll organize rigged run-with a raft-in-your-pocket contests :P

I would say assuming it is legacy don't spend valuable staff time on it - I'll look the weight sclosely the next time when I made rafts.