Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

chopping bug/well bugs me..

When I make passata or just chop bunch of veggies etc.. for pizza and select 2-3-5-20 items which CAN be chopped.. (I have 60ml so 7 actions to que)

This causes me to chop a random but smaller number than my max number of actions I can queue, I dont know how and why but the queue loses track of the items I've selected.

1. For example.. I could be having 2 Corns(around bunch of other selected unchopped items) and 1 gets chopped, the other not, and it also falls off the queue(making me do the extra action to select and chop it)

2. simple case.. passata, I prepare 3 passatas as base.. so 3 garlics, 3 herbs, 3 tomatoes, selecting all 9 items and chopping them leads to chopping 3 or 6 in most cases but NOT 7 items.

It's something small but been there for a WHILE and it bugs me a tiny little bit, thought I'd report it.

• Like 1

Regarding chopping a bunch of selected items, it seems to have a separate internal action for herbs and veggies, and it determines which one of the 2 you want to attempt by what item you rightclick when selecting the action.

It seems weird to us as chopping is chopping, but I don't know if it's intended or not. A dev would probably need to answer that.

For example, you have a mix of 3 herbs and 7 veggies and selected them all. When you rightclick a herb it'll always check the whole pile for herbs and it will only use your maximum amount of queues. If you can queue 8 action, it'll cycle through "chop-any-herb-selected" 8 times and leave the last 2 items untouched. If you rightclick a veggie instead, it'll cycle through "chop-any-veggie" 8 times and leave the last 2 untouched.

Continuing the 8 queue assumption, if you had 3 corn as the last of the 10 items, and you did the "chop" action on veggies, it would only chop 1 of those 3 corns and leave the last 2 whole.

Reason I'm not sure if it's a bug is because this same effect can be reproduced with other actions as well. Get 10 items you can improve where only 2 take the same specific tool. Activate that tool, place the items last, and 8 queues will cycle with no items improved at all; it cycles through the 8 items that don't need to the tool and then it's done. Same goes for creation: select 8 items of which only 4 can actually me used for creating something (e.g. 6 nails and 4 woodscrap to make kindling with a saw), and if the items are last in the list, only 2 of 4 will be processed.

I do think in the chopped veggies/herbs area it would be neat seeing it changed to make it some "chop-any-item-selected" action instead, if not for the increase in QoL.

• Like 1

That may be the case yes - it is really frustrating though even when chopping 10-12 different ingredients (one piece of each). 

• Like 1