Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

WSA: New horse colours turning grey

WSA.png

Hi Everyone,

As you may all know, with the release of coloured horses there was a bug in which some grey horses changed colour to gold buckskin (they were clearly as excited as you all were). To address this we did a quick patch that reset the new colour traits to grey. The intention was for this to only run once upon the patch and then it would be removed, but with todays maintenance restart it ran again, which removed existing newborn horse colours too. 

Fixing this may prove to be slightly difficult to do with code or an update, so the GM team is attending tickets to manually reset horse colours for any turned grey. In the meantime we will be doing a restart to remove the offending piece of code to ensure it does not happen again.

To apologise for this incident we will be giving out an extra 5 hours sleep bonus to all players, as usual passing the 5 hour cap up to 10 hours if necessary. 

We thank you all for your patience while we handle tickets and return the horses to their new colours! 

Retrograde & the Dev team

Edit: With a second restart sleep bonus has been set to an additional 5 hours, everyone should be at 10 hours now. 

• Like 19

? horses can be whatever they want in life this is a free colour zone ?

• Like 4

? naisu!

--edit; who broke " D : " emote

Edited by Finnn

Did this patch impact only birthed horses? Or will I have a huge number of grey foals when my horses give birth this time around as well?

Atleast the staff is trying :) Thanks for the sleep bonus and best of luck to resolve this :) 

Yes, we're aware of the hassle there, will be resolved shortly, third times the charm

• Like 2

I most likely had some foals born today... I wonder if this affected them at all.

• Like 1

The question of the mysterious 10 hour sleep bonus noted on my character has been resolved. I knew I would stumble upon the answer somehow. Otherwise it was great to see and avoid bed sleeping for a while.

=Ayes=

thanks for the sleep bonus, so sad to see the color changed today :(

What would have been really cool was five hours of sleep bonus and the little darlings turning blue.

Re: my horse turning grey again... He was a wild spawn. Does this change mean at the moment all the other wild spawns will have turned grey again?

Yesterday before the most recent fix - Enki came to fix my buckskin foal that had turned grey. Thus it was fixed. Then the update. And now when i go check again  - BUckskin has once again turned back to grey!! HELP !

Put in a /support ticket about any horses that have changed, even since the most recent update. Include the full name of the horse, where it’s located, and what color it changed from to speed up the process. A GM will assist you as soon as they can, but please be patient.

• Like 1

If all the wilds around me are grey, can the ones I grabbed get changed too?

Edited by Travic

Has this been fixed? 3 out of 5 of my newborns are grey - never had that number grey before - the 2 others not grey were brown and white respectively

• Like 1

Since this update I have noticed a big increase in grey horses. When going out exploring for every 30 or so horses I see I find maybe 1 or 2 that are of the old color set (Black, brown, gold, white, ebony, blood bay, piebald), and none of the new color set. I also noticed that I am getting more grey horses when breeding. Is anyone else running into this issue?

In my last round I had 15 new foals born. Only one was a new color (Skewbald Pinto), but none of them were grey. I have been seeing mainly grey out in the wild, but honestly that's usually the case.

Wow somehow comforting to see I'm not the only one brattygirl and rhianna. Look at the bug report I filed. 

To make things worse, not only am I getting much more grey foals than before, but now the 5 rare horses I got as a special gift turned grey again. 

Edited by Malena