Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Place feature on chaos

Just now, Egard said:

just disable place for a item / boat you do not have permissions on. If you cant drag a boat as a enemy then you should be able to place it. 

a simple lock on a boat makes no sense to not be able to drag it, thats a bug

then you shouldnt be able to push / pull em either tho right?

come on, at this point move is the same, -1

it was able for years

Edited by Quicktor

57 minutes ago, Niki said:

Enemy or same kingdom can use place feature to move boats and hide them so they can picklock later, this might even work on freedom I personally consider this a exploit/bug, if you don't own the boat or have "manage" you shouldn't be able to steal boats. Mooring on pvp isn't a good answer when your about to have boat pvp and need to escape fast. Devs should be encouraging fair pvp not making it a metagaming greifer's playground.

Appreciate it, ty

this just killed the last few brain cells I had. rip

58 minutes ago, Niki said:

this might even work on freedom I personally consider this a exploit/bug, if you don't own the boat or have "manage" you shouldn't be able to steal boats.

What part of this is a bug?

8 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

then you shouldnt be able to push / pull em either tho right?

come on, at this point move is the same, -1

it was able for years

Place feature is a new implementation and obviously it wasn't thought out for the pvp side, a similar issue is a enemy riding your unicorn as passenger. Quit forum pvping, I'm not going to get bullied by VD nerds.

Are we trolling you WU? No!

Edited by Niki

11 minutes ago, Xallo said:

I don't think an anchor should be the appropriate response to stopping un-skilled alts from placing locked boats 40 tiles away, with no sound. If anything, I think there should either be a sound associated with it, or at the least, the hauling anchor action should be able to override any combat or other actions.

so only skilled guys can drag a boat is what you're saying? Sail in a knar next time, it will fit all your stragglers, AND the so called "alts" you claim wont be able to drag it. Problem solved plz close

The issue really is not place or drag, its people who abuse an alt to do it, using characters where there is no real loss if you die on a pvp server is toxic

6 minutes ago, Niki said:

Place feature is a new implementation and obviously it wasn't thought out for the pvp side, a similar issue is a enemy riding your unicorn as passenger. Quit forum pvping, I'm not going to get bullied by VD nerds.

Are we trolling you WU? No!

looks like it

Just now, platinumteef said:

looks like it

I wasn't trolling you, I want it fixed sorry if you think I type sarcastically. I know I read your posts like a toxic 12 year old typed them for example.

Just now, Niki said:

I wasn't trolling you, I want it fixed sorry if you think I type sarcastically. I know I read your posts like a toxic 12 year old typed them for example.

wow thats very rude, can you keep kvk out of this, this is just simply not a bug and there are mooring anchors (a mechanic) in place to prevent any problems

A bug report has been made, this is not the place to argue

• Like 2