Sign in to follow this  
Reylaark

Breeder's journal

Like the almanac, but for horses (or animal being bred)

When a foal is born (or maybe before second young stage?), you take your reed pen, some dye and some paper over.

Examine.

On the paper, it lists:

• Traits... with a line appearing through it later if genesis is cast.  Like this.
  • Date of birth... with updated lifestage**
  • Weight (random)
  • Coloring
  • Hot/Warm/Cold blooded ;)
  • Parents in green ink if alive... appearing in red ink later if parent dies.
  • A picture of the foal.

Could perhaps include a "set price" but not sure if that's pushing it.  Might be nice for it to serve as sales catalog though.

Also allows extended breeding histories.

**courtesy of Brash_Endeavors

Edited by Reylaark
adding suggestion
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Could perhaps include a "set price" but not sure if that's pushing it.  Might be nice for it to serve as sales catalog though.

Also allows extended breeding histories.

I am assuming this is a blank for the breeder to fill in, and not a MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price).

Could make a nice way for breeders to set up a catalog of available horses. Would "date of birth" include an auto updated life stage (Foal, Aged, Venerable etc) as it is possible this might not be any harder than displaying parents current dead-or-alive status.

I like the idea, I like it a lot.

Might be possible to integrate into the new UI.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I am assuming this is a blank for the breeder to fill in, and not a MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price).

Spoiler

Could make a nice way for breeders to set up a catalog of available horses. Would "date of birth" include an auto updated life stage (Foal, Aged, Venerable etc) as it is possible this might not be any harder than displaying parents current dead-or-alive status.

I like the idea, I like it a lot.

Might be possible to integrate into the new UI.

Yes, I was thinking the "set price" would be input by the player for a catalog type thing :)

Updated life stage is a great idea.  Thanks for the suggestion.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

think you are looking for horses isles

screen2.png  That is indeed a good looking horse!

Had never heard of the game http://www.horseisle.com/ , unfortunately the graphics (aside from the horse above) aren't really my style anymore.  Does remind me of really old school Sierra games when color screens first came out though.  King's quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, etc.  Good times.

Still, I'd rather just continue playing and enjoying Wurm.

• Like 1

+1 Fabulous idea - a horse almanac no less - would be a wonderful tool for serious and even casual breeders alike.