Sign in to follow this  
Lisabet

[Resolved via hotfix] Buckskin turns Grey

I've only gotten one new color so far, a buckskin foal...and he turned grey this morning. :(

A foal skips around here merrily.
[17:07:26] He has a normal build.
[17:07:26] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. 
[17:07:26] Its colour is gold buckskin.
[17:07:26] His mother is the venerable fat Heartpaint. His father is an aged fat horse. 

today:

[10:29:10] A foal skips around here merrily.
[10:29:10] He is a bit round.
[10:29:10] This creature could use some grooming.
[10:29:10] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. 
[10:29:10] Its colour is grey.
[10:29:10] His mother is the venerable fat Heartpaint. His father is an aged fat horse. 

Not happy, pls fix??

I have a new grey foal that may or may not have been intended to be one of the new colors as well :(

My little HappyHill has turned grey, he used to be black silver - it was after today's update, because he was the right colour this morning.

He was born Wednesday and his image and parentage are documented here:

I'll add this to the list until we find out what the issue is.  I cannot reproduce this on test.

Whatever caused it seems to be connected to today's restart, they were fine prior.

Pretty please if there's any way to return them to their birth colors, please do?

copperabia has turned grey too

Added: Now she is back in the right color - Thanks GM's

Edited by Oluffus

Same - had a foal born gold buckskin turn grey this morning :(( HELP

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

I'll add this to the list until we find out what the issue is.  I cannot reproduce this on test.

I know what the issue is, keenan fixed the lighting issues this morning, the false black light/server going dark on relogging.

What a very sad morning :( I certainly hope the dev staff has a way to bring back the colors to the foals born this week as it was so exciting and happy an event ...

Often you can find a Events.txt log file, under players and logs, that will record and confirm the original color, would look like this and would also include any traits you are able to read:

[18:56:14] A foal skips around here merrily.
[18:56:14] She has a normal build.
[18:56:14] This creature could use some grooming.
[18:56:14] Its colour is blood bay.
[18:56:14] Her mother is an aged fat horse. Her father is an old fat horse.

(But some people might not have logs toggled on.)

If they are not able to revert back via a patch, it would be nice if GMs were allowed to "restore" these foals to their proper color for players who submitted a /support ticket. Certainly some people could try to "fake" an events log notice but since none of us really know whether head GMs have access to this data, and since lying about it might be a bannable offense, I think people would generally stay honest as a new color foal is not worth a ban -- given time they will all be a dime a dozen. The "in the field" GMs might not have access to the same tools, but could perhaps notify admins if they thought any support ticket might be a little dodgy.

Otherwise it is one more Wurm heartbreak for players who often have put up with quite a lot of game bug heartbreaks over the years. (Speaking as one who went through one too many of those over the years).  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

There will be information posted on this event,  however we can see what was what in this case and will do our best to assist those affected.

If possible,  put in a support ticket with the name of the horse, deed, or location on the server that it can be found.  Along with the color that was lost.  We will check its info and confirm if it is missing its color.

• Like 3

I also had gold buckskin born day before yesterday, turn grey today on 12/10/18 login about an hour ago.