Sign in to follow this  
Spode

Mod Error Flooding Console

So a while ago I added in a custom creature mod to try and add more of a variation to the creatures on the map. The mod caused a whole caseload of issues for my server, so I removed it. Now I get this constant flooding of errors in my console of the server trying to pull the files related to those creatures. I'm almost positive the mod has been 100% removed but considering it's still trying to pull files I'm also not so sure. It wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't also flooding my logs with constant copies of the same handful of errors, if my server ever crashes anymore I have no idea why because it's quite literally impossible to find it. Here's a small sample of what it's doing.
So my question is if there might be any solution for getting rid of this? The only one I can think of is to get a new map, but I really don't want to subject myself and everybody that plays on my server to resetting our progress.
Once again, thanks in advance.

What has happened is that the mod has added creatures to the database, then the entries remain even after you remove the mod itself.  Without the mod Wurm doesn't know what kind of creatures they are so you get the errors.

You can look at the database information with something like Sqlite Browser, but even if you deleted all the modded creatures there are other entries scattered in other databases.  Now, they might be perfectly fine to leave them there, but I don't know for certain.

So I've written a quick program that will go through the database, find the creatures and delete all the related entries.  The one issue is I don't know which modded creatures you added, so you'll have to look up the mod you added and find the template names.  I mentioned the browser above because that could be useful to find some of the modded creatures, especially if the first run doesn't get them all.

A quick disclaimer, this program is not particularly clever so I strongly recommend backing up your server in case it deletes the wrong things.

Paste this jar into the "sqlite" folder of the server.  (e.g. WurmServerLauncher/Creative/sqlite)

Then open a command line up and type:

java -jar WurmDatabaseCleaner.jar Animal,Names,Separated,By,Commas

The output will tell you if it has found anything.  Let me know if there's anything I've missed and I'll try to help.

• Like 2

So it worked, but I think they're stuck inside the various hideouts. I'm gunna need to delete those too.

Long story short; your code worked, I still get the error flooding.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:53 PM, Mthec said:

What has happened is that the mod has added creatures to the database, then the entries remain even after you remove the mod itself.  Without the mod Wurm doesn't know what kind of creatures they are so you get the errors.

You can look at the database information with something like Sqlite Browser, but even if you deleted all the modded creatures there are other entries scattered in other databases.  Now, they might be perfectly fine to leave them there, but I don't know for certain.

So I've written a quick program that will go through the database, find the creatures and delete all the related entries.  The one issue is I don't know which modded creatures you added, so you'll have to look up the mod you added and find the template names.  I mentioned the browser above because that could be useful to find some of the modded creatures, especially if the first run doesn't get them all.

A quick disclaimer, this program is not particularly clever so I strongly recommend backing up your server in case it deletes the wrong things.

Paste this jar into the "sqlite" folder of the server.  (e.g. WurmServerLauncher/Creative/sqlite)

Then open a command line up and type:

java -jar WurmDatabaseCleaner.jar Animal,Names,Separated,By,Commas

The output will tell you if it has found anything.  Let me know if there's anything I've missed and I'll try to help.

16 hours ago, Spode said:

So it worked, but I think they're stuck inside the various hideouts. I'm gunna need to delete those too.

Long story short; your code worked, I still get the error flooding.

Sorry, now I see my mistake.  When I looked on my Creative server database I didn't see any dens so I wrongly assumed they wouldn't be a problem.  I just checked my Adventure server and there was one there.

Deleting them is a little more tricky as they don't have Creature names attached, only ids which we don't know unless you want to read through the huge log output.  Fortunately the default Wurm creature ids only go up to 116 and from the log output you posted they are all much higher.

I've updated the program I wrote, but it's probably just as easy to use the Sqlite browser I mentioned above.  Load up wurmzones.db, go to the "Browse Data" tab and select "DENS" from the dropdown.  Then just sort by "TEMPLATEID" and delete the high numbers.

java -jar WurmDatabaseCleaner.jar -remove-modded-dens

Edited by Mthec