Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

rework the bonus for meditating

i just realized, with the feature that you only get to wait half of the time for the next meditating question if your level is lower than level of meditating times 15, a guy with 90 meditating only takes off 15 days in total, which in the case of reaching level 11 in any path would change the total time from 118 Days and 12 hours to 103 Days and 12 hours

apart from the fact that only a few people have that high meditating, for a normal person like me who has 73 meditating it would take off 4 days, resulting in 114 Days total to reach level 11 instead of 118 Days
how is that a good system? at that point it's basically non existant

i switched long ago and am almost at level 11 again so it doesnt matter for me, but this system just seems like it needs some rework

inb4 people will say, just wait for the med rework, but the med rework was supposed to start development right when the priest rework started it, now we are here and nothign has been done
i dont hold my breath anymore cause i know a med rework is basically not coming at all unless sindusk is allowed to take it, but this change would literally just involve changing ONE number, just multiply the level of your meditation path by 10 instead of 15, means that a guy with 73 meditating, like me, would save me 23 days off the timer, which would mean that i still need 95 days, but hey, thats at least a bonus opposed to the 4 days it saves me now, right?

a guy with 90 meditating would get the benefit of just needing 77 days for a full switch from one path lvl11 to another path lvl11

thank you
  • Like 1

I think that trying to change how this works now prior to any (supposed *Cough*) reworks of meditating will be  a waste of resources (personally), as this system is pretty crap and was not well thought out to begin with.

That being said, I don't think that it would really have much of an affect on gameplay, and I wouldn't say it is a bad change - it is just not a priority right now.

i dont know if you can speak about priorities when a change would take less than 1 minute

but yes, if i would know that a med rework is coming, i wouldnt even bother

however as i stated above, it was supposed to be worked on with the priest rework but nothing has been done so far

bridges anyone?

It was always going to be separate to the priest rework, zero to do with the significant mechanics changes with bridges, and is not a 1 minute change. 

The bonus was intended to be faster but epic only, opening it up to all servers meant it had to be reduced which is why it's like that. 

Unlikely to change before the rework which is still in our todo list. 

It would be nice if there were a reasonable mechanic implemented that could fast forward the very long, slow process of leveling up meditation. 

• Like 2

I think you should speed that up tbh. Should almost half the time required to path up..