Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

[Duplicate] 2 bugs false black light and nighttime

So this appeared a few weeks before Halloween, in NW corner of Exo and same in Deli I believe, the false black light.

Another annoying thing is crossing the server into Exo you get a few minutes of nighttime during the day, also get this sometimes just logging in one of my alts.

H0HMJgb.jpg

A possible cause could be the creature cages:

The error handling described below has already been improved, so I am not sure if this is the reason for the lights appearing, but well it is for sure something with crossing servers and item transfers. My guess is that this happens when a creature cage with a pseudo creature that no longer exists is crossing over to the server. 

What happens is that the server interprets the protocol which has been cut off where the data of the creature should be as effects. It then fills effects into the database which can be all kinds of lights or day/night effects. The solution for this is to shut down the server, clean the effect table and restart the server. Also the player / ship could be in trouble, we had the ship disappeard while crossing, but our server administrators have been able to restore everything.

The creature cage could be filled with a deleted creature because the command #checkCreatures has been used by a GM on the server where the player came from.

I also reported this bug after fixing it on Sklotopolis to the DEVs here: (Error handling has already been improved, so not sure if the creature cages are still the issue)

I'll take a look at your post Sklo. I must have missed it before.

Your information is appreciated.

3 hours ago, Keenan said:

I'll take a look at your post Sklo. I must have missed it before.

Your information is appreciated.

Should be related to this:

Logs are included in there, so you can make sure what has happened on the servers.

Same fake black light is on Xanadu NW corner - at least was there a bit more than a week ago - the lighting issue is also present on Xana.

All the lights appear on X=0 Y=0 (NW corner). So yeah sounds very familiar to me.

Could be anything, but in our case we have had creature cages with non existent creatures in them causing this.

Darkness to light bug was reported in October and followed here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/165987-bug-no-lighting-until-sometime-after-launching-the-client/

The black beam bug was first found on the test server and added to the list and then reported in October when it went to live: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/165992-bug-looks-like-a-black-light-on-deliverence/

I've added this post to the bug but we'll be following the issue on the already opened reports.  Thanks the details.