Sign in to follow this  
belacane

short and tall chimney options for forge / oven

It would be nice if there was an option to do forges and ovens with a short or tall chimney.

I find it frustrating when you have a two story house and the chimney from your forge / oven on the lower floor sticks up into the room above.

The tall chimney would be nice for a single story building so it could stick through the roof and create a nice effect , and the short chimney would be nice for a multistory house so it wouldn't invade higher floors.

• Like 6

+1 If we can only have one, I would prefer a single story short chimney.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maxthx said:

+1 If we can only have one, I would prefer a single story short chimney.

I agree with this. If the current model changed to a single story short chimney, that would be divine, and probably very easy on the part of the devs.

A taller one could come back later.

• Like 1

+1 

I would quite like a chimney stack extension model - a bit like a stone tube in the same style as the chimney - that can be placed over the chimney stack on every level, however high your building.

Perhaps these could be linked in some way so that the smoke only appears over the top one.

Also - if snow and rain can be prevented from appearing indoors / below a roof, perhaps smoke can be prevented from displaying indoors / below a roof also.

??

||

||

||

[☀️]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muse said:

+1 

I would quite like a chimney stack extension model - a bit like a stone tube in the same style as the chimney - that can be placed over the chimney stack on every level, however high your building.

Perhaps these could be linked in some way so that the smoke only appears over the top one.

Also - if snow and rain can be prevented from appearing indoors / below a roof, perhaps smoke can be prevented from displaying indoors / below a roof also.

??

||

||

||

[☀️]

What a great idea!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, belacane said:

What a great idea!

Unfortunately it seems I can not lay claim to it - as I just found this post by Vroomfondel from 2017. I hope devs are listening!

Also check out the following folks who all had the same idea! :) 

The only decisions remain:

• whether to use extension tubes to actually extend the forge/oven chimney length, or have the tubes decoratively free-standing on each floor 
  • whether the tubes are logically linked to change the start position of the smoke
  • or whether the smoke can be made to start above the forge/oven at roof level by default.
Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

+1 - it would be great if these ideas could be considered and implemented by the Devs.

• Like 2

Thanks guys for your feedback.

I hope this happens! 

Those 1.5 floor chimneys are frustrating for decorating.