Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Pruning is Broken

No matter how high your skill or tool quality is, you can still fail repeatedly on pruning a single vine, tree or hedge.

Out of 788 starts to prune in one day, I failed to prune 278 times. Sometimes the RNG gets on a hot streak and it could take 10 attempts to prune a vine.

96 forestry here

90 ql sickle

I do not understand the purpose of this, you can cut down tree's and hedges in never failing swings of the hatchet but can't prune a branch off in one go?

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Been happening to me for awhile now.  My priest has 92 forestry and I'll still fail 3-4 times on one bush/tree sometimes.

Kinda ridiculous, even with a high QL sickle.

Don't know if this is an actual bug, but can agree that this is very annoying. Can fail over 10 times one bush with 84 skill, which makes every overaged tree or bush frustrating to harvest if there's plenty of fails. Would ask this to be tweaked or fixed.

I'm ~83forestry, picking with normal ql14 sickle/coc/, pruning with ql80/blank rare/(just higher ql for better odds), I still queue 2 to 4 times per tile, and success varies between 1 to 6-8 tries.

My sickle skill is ~75 if that matters.

It is a lot of effort to perform when harvesting tree's.

I have 7 actions, for each overaged tree I have to tap my prune key 3x and then the harvest key, to hopefully ensure the tree gets pruned, if there are multiple overaged tree's to deal with you can't even queue up enough actions to deal with 2 at a time.

All this extra key work to prune a tree is not needed or enjoyed.

Edited by JakeRivers

It's skill+10 for prune diff, which is pretty dumb, causes prune chance to drop off a cliff after 90 forestry, and i doubt many people grind forestry by pruning alone. I have a f2p alt with 20 forestry and a 95ql sickle coz he's better at pruning, coz logic. Maybe it was a good idea 10 years ago but it could definitely do with a change today.

• Like 2

1480 start to prune, 539 fails on pruning, with having to queue up prune 3 actions per overaged this means an extra 3000 taps of the key bind for pruning, not good for the rss.