Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

archering mobs that are wandering on deeds

when you are shooting a mob in the middle of nowhere and theres no buidings around and it takes you 20 arrows and you kill it, you can't loot it if its on a deed

this is silly and needs to be changed, people shouldn't lose x amount of arrows because what they're shooting wanders onto a deed

• Like 5

Agreed, it's ridiculous that you can't take, butcher your prey just because escaped to someone's deed or you weren't careful enough not to kill it on deed

they need to change fletching where you can imp a quiver and you get a batch of arrows in one shot, then it is no longer the end of the world to loose arrows on deeds or mountain sides

This is really annoying yes - at least your items should be lootable from the corpse (the arrows you fired).

I second the batch imping too - even if the timers is longer it would help a lot. EDIT: I think it would not hurt PVP at all as I suppose all sides have tons of arrows bulked already anyway.

Edited by Jaz

I just killed a champ spider on a deed, and lost some really good arrows, please let us recover arrows.

I imagine this would fit better in the suggestions section, not sure if this would be considered a bug as much as a mechanic that people are requesting changed.

15 hours ago, Darklords said:

I imagine this would fit better in the suggestions section, not sure if this would be considered a bug as much as a mechanic that people are requesting changed.

being able to loot the corpse of a mob you just killed with 15 arrows that you made, because it wandered or was sitting on the edge of a deed border is a suggestion, and not a bug? so you are saying that forcing people to lose their work/time in this way is an intended mechanic?

in fact, it seems that it is a mechanic that was just not well polished, and has a bug within it, ie people not "owning" the monster they had just slain

alas, I am just one of those few people losing hundreds of arrows a day due to this suggestion, a suggestion that won't get implemented for 2 years as its

a suggestion

5 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

don't kill it until it wanders off the deed.

aww thats cute, look at you coming in to defend your kingdom mate dev

i'd rather just have broken mechanics fixed than always need to work around them

I didn't see his post, I just read the original. I don't consider this a bug and if we want to talk about bugs with deed perms we can get into real ones.

But imo this is a suggestion, not that im making a big deal, devs can change what they want if it matters to people. Wouldn't be a bad thing if it was changed.

But logically, wait until it leaves the deed.

4 hours ago, platinumteef said:

being able to loot the corpse of a mob you just killed with 15 arrows that you made, because it wandered or was sitting on the edge of a deed border is a suggestion, and not a bug? so you are saying that forcing people to lose their work/time in this way is an intended mechanic?

I agree it would be a nice thing to have and ill mention it for you/take a look, but that does not turn it into a bug its an inconvenience caused by existing item protection mechanics on deed in my eyes.