Sign in to follow this  
CountZero

Set structure decay en-mass

Would reeeally appreciate some method to set the no decay option on items in bulk.

Either set all items currently on server to no decay or all items in a configurable range of tiles etc.

Then either a way to have everything built by GM wand to automatically have this setting set.  

On 11/26/2018 at 8:25 AM, CountZero said:

Would reeeally appreciate some method to set the no decay option on items in bulk.

Either set all items currently on server to no decay or all items in a configurable range of tiles etc.

Then either a way to have everything built by GM wand to automatically have this setting set.  

Most of this is good, but be careful with "everything built by a GM wand" - this will include any tools or weapons you might make for a player.  Would be great if it was a toggle.

I just know about one mod that makes all items at a whole map to no decay

15 hours ago, Batta said:

Most of this is good, but be careful with "everything built by a GM wand" - this will include any tools or weapons you might make for a player.  Would be great if it was a toggle.

yea it would def need a toggle. Atm I am just building the server so I dont have any players :P

4 hours ago, Batta said:

There's bdew's No Damage mod. Scroll down the OP here.

And here's the GitHub download page.

cheers - its in the right direction but I want player stuff to decay as normal

Edited by CountZero

5 hours ago, CountZero said:

cheers - its in the right direction but I want player stuff to decay as normal

In that case, wouldn't the existing Better Gamemasters mod work for you?  Or is there something more that you were wanting to do?  

With this mod, even items that a GM makes for other players take no damage, though, even if you don't choose it in the Manage option. So making someone a sword means that they have it forever, and if they imp it to higher QL, it will never lose that higher QL either.

Spoiler

# true: Items owned by GMs do not take any damage.
noDamageOnGamemasterOwnedItems=true
# 0 - 5: MGMT power for this feature to be enabled for
noDamageOnGamemasterOwnedItemsPower=5

Edited by Batta

Items transfer ownership. The author even notes it in the 1.1.1 version. With that mod, only items still having the ownerId set to a GM will have no decay.

"Also be aware that I've mistakenly assumed that the owner ID was persistent, so items out of GM inventory such as items and structures will take damage contrary to as advertised."

Edited by Governor

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Items transfer ownership. The author even notes it in the 1.1.1 version. With that mod, only items still having the ownerId set to a GM will have no decay

I think that feature isn't working, in that case. GM-made items are remaining no decay even when given to non-GM players.  

so as a GM if I build a building will it have no decay for ever regardless of who the owner is set to or would it have to be owned by a GM player?

Also, if I disable the mod at a later date, would existing GM made stuff keep its never decay stat while new GM made stuff will not have it?

Also, - will it apply to things I have already build or just stuff going forward?

Edited by CountZero

13 hours ago, CountZero said:

so as a GM if I build a building will it have no decay for ever regardless of who the owner is set to or would it have to be owned by a GM player?

Also, if I disable the mod at a later date, would existing GM made stuff keep its never decay stat while new GM made stuff will not have it?

Also, - will it apply to things I have already build or just stuff going forward?

I've never tried it with any off-deed buildings, so I can't say. However, with weapons and armour the no decay definitely stayed with the items even after passing them on to regular players. We also haven't tried disabling the mod, so I can't address that question.  It applied only to new items made after adding the mod.