Sign in to follow this  
Thalius

Allow merchant stalls to be placed indoors.

As the subject line says, it would be nice to be able to place merchant stalls indoors.  Or some version of them, at least.  

We’d like to set up village shops in town at Oakheart, but any merchant stands must be placed outdoors.  

It it is a small thing, but a slightly irritating one. Not sure why putting them inside a building is an issue...  Village shops would be nice to have.

+1

I made one long time ago... with the workaround ... making a doughnut house.. ?

These things are built this way so people don't travel around dropping 1x1's on top of merchants out in the open in there stall.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

These things are built this way so people don't travel around dropping 1x1's on top of merchants out in the open in there stall.

Makes sense. No way for the game to recognize the owner and not allow another build over it?  Or not allow building over it at all?  Require it to be placed in a finished structure?

Edited by Thalius

off deed

- if stall is placed, then you cannot built a house on it, unless you are the stall owner

- if stall is placed and merchant is placed, you cannot built a house on it, unless you are the merchant owner

- if stall were gone (decay or bashed) and merchant is present, you cannot built a house on it, unless you are the merchant owner

on deed

- you can place and build whatever you like

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

off deed

- if stall is placed, then you cannot built a house on it, unless you are the stall owner

- if stall is placed and merchant is placed, you cannot built a house on it, unless you are the merchant owner

- if stall were gone (decay or bashed) and merchant is present, you cannot built a house on it, unless you are the merchant owner

on deed

- you can place and build whatever you like

+1

Deed Planner will only let you do so much when it comes to placing items, but I wanted to give a general idea of what I wish we could do with regard to placing merchant stalls in doors:

To1A4oG.png

It would be super nice to be able to create shops like this.  Options would be endless, really.

Maybe render market stalls without tent roofs when placed in buildings, and perhaps make the wooden stall walls render to the top of the first floor..

• Like 2

May I request this post be closed out?  Just learned that merchants can be placed indoors without the need for a market stall.  Problem solved.

Edited by Thalius

No!   Cat's out of the bag!  Iiiiindoooor stalls!  Iiiindoooor stalls! 

(Besides, with buildings in caves it makes even more sense)

53 minutes ago, Thalius said:

May I request this post be closed out?  Just learned that merchants can be placed indoors without the need for a market stall.  Problem solved.

Good grief, that was the reason for wanting it indoors?

?

On that note, if you are using a merchant for personal storage, set crazy high prices on all your goods. There are so many ways to cheat the system to access merchants through window's and other means that you can end up robbed of your items if you left the default prices set to a few irons.

Edited by JakeRivers

I wanted to place a merchant indoors to set up a shop, not protect/store items.  I thought they required a stall, and no one I talked with about it corrected me.  I just happened to pass a merchant placed with no stall and did a double take.  Did not know that was doable.

Turns our they can be placed anywhere.  The stall is just for decoration when merchant is placed out of doors.  Still learning the game...

• Like 1