Sign in to follow this  
Muse

The Cute New-Born Foals Thread

Winter Snow Foals

A friend has just given me a wonderful gift!  A baby appaloosa girl called RockEbony, just born.

Her parents EastSouth and NorthSwift, were brown, and white.

Here she is making friends with HappyHill after a tiring overland trip. :) 

8jQpU0t.jpg?1

• Like 15

I found a wild one too today:

KjHoAEMu.jpg

Grats on the appaloosa, they are by far my favs from the chosen colors. (My real fav was the dapple grey, which unfortunately wasn't chosen.)

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Amaluna said:

My real fav was the dapple grey

Yes I would have loved a Dapple Grey, it was one of my favourites.  I think I would have chosen one to ride. :) 

Here's an old English Nursery Rhyme:

Dapple Grey

I had a little pony,
His name was Dapple Grey,
I lent him to a lady,
To ride a mile away.

She whipped him, she lashed him,
She rode him through the mire;
I would not lend my pony now,
For all the lady's hire.

Which just goes to show how precious our animals are to us, and how we must treasure them whilst we have them, whatever their size or colour, even if it is possible that some other people might not feel the same way. :) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 3

They are all super cute!  I have not had the luck of a new colour baby yet,  just lots of previous colours, grey horsies and lots of horsies with one random trait other than speed traits.  Some of those random traits are bad traits, which in Wurm terms are good traits since you can genesis them out.  The other "good" traits are just messing up all your future breeding plans so the horsies inevitably end up being set aside, never to be used again. 

I guess the RNG is strong within me :P

The new unicorn colours are so cute though, I am focusing on those - still need a yellow and a lilac one.  I remember as a noobie that the ultimate end game was a fleet of multi colour unicorns.

• Like 3

Coo-ee! It's dark in here!

Whatever is in that barrel is guaranteed to knock your spots off!

Little RockEbony investigates...

XDtrMbP.jpg?2

Edited by Muse
  • Like 11

Coming of age

HappyHill has just had his growth spurt today, he's a young horse now [sniff]...

yLPBrD4.jpg?1

• Like 9

Spoiler

Both my new colored horses turned grey again ...

And while my other 2 turned grey again, this one was born.

Just posting it here so I have proof next time the server reboots.

E3FEFVa2.jpg

Edited by Amaluna
added screenshot
  • Like 3

New adorable floof! Dogfancy was born yesterday, and with some attention from a GM (thanks Logi!) is new a pretty skewbald girl. Her mum is Pearlmac (ebony) and her dad is Donndubhan (skewbald).

PX0Pt8D.jpg

Edited by olafhairybreeks
  • Like 5

Muse my Ladyhard has reached her young stage too, not long now. Shame we are on different servers we could introduce her and Happyhill :D 

She did go grey a second time yesterday but was repainted by Logi today thankfully, geez hope it sticks this time.

2L9TiwV.jpg?1

• Like 7

Spoiler

I don't know how to remove this.

Another one born, at a friends place. This time a chestnut foal.

2AQiCkDp.jpg

• Like 5

RockEbony is a big girl today, maybe now she'll leave that barrel alone

I think she has the right name, she reminds me of a rocky road ice-cream...mmm...ice-cream! :P

Q8oR4yo.jpg?2

Edited by Muse
  • Like 5

Oh my gosh! How did I not notice this thread! Thanks for linking it elsewhere Muse! 

And a huge congrats to everyone on their lovely babies. I ran out hearts for all the posts (daily limit it seems!). 

IMPORTANT! If you are experiencing getting more GREY foals than usual (I saw several of you mentioning that), please please respond to this thread so the dev team will look into this more. I know they've already tried, but there are just too many of this noticing this for it to be a fluke or coincidence. 

• Like 4

I've had over 70 foals born. WAY higher instance of grays, but not one new color. First round I did my normal breeding of matched pairs. Second round mixed up colors of parents.

Not doing another round until this is fixed, since I typically breed and check them once a day. I'd have no way of knowing if some of them were born another color.

Is it fixed yet? I still have a Skewbald turned grey... are we doing support tickets again or still waiting it out?

8 hours ago, Araninke said:

Is it fixed yet? I still have a Skewbald turned grey... are we doing support tickets again or still waiting it out?

They were still taking support cases after the last fix but before this current update. Worth doing one I think but suspect they are awful busy at the moment so it may take awhile :D

Another one! Tearsilver, from Rageflea (ebony) and Donndubhan (skewbald). A little 5 speed girl.

XFjhPwx.jpg

• Like 9

Finally got around to taking a picture of my appaloosa, also got another new one today too :) Dancejohan is the appaloosa's name and both are 5 speed 

https://imgur.com/a/4VcKcwb

T79euYE.jpg

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 8

I found a wild appaloosa! A lovely girl. ^-^

kWIr6wY.jpg

That makes in total, 3 wild skewbalds, 2 wild chestnuts, 3 skewbald foals, and an appaloosa.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, olafhairybreeks said:

That makes in total, 3 wild skewbalds, 2 wild chestnuts, 3 skewbald foals, and an appaloosa.

Where in the world are you finding all these wilds???  I've scoured most of the steppes on Xanadu and so far nothing...

• Like 1

Well I've been out on the steppes pretty much every day since the new colours were released. I'm in north east Xan, so I've mainly been checking the steppes there. One of my skewbalds was the direct result of some hunting trips to keep new spawns coming, but the others were just luck. Oh, and spyglasses rock.