Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaGold

Leaning items

i love how we can drop<place items. can make a table look nice with plates and food or items and skulls. one thing that has been annoying is the backpacks, i never layed one down like ingame, usually i put the bottom down but im getting off topic now...

i would think this idea would only work within structures for many good reasons but first.

when we place a item i would like another option to lean item. when you get home from a fishing trip it would be nice to lean them in the shed rather than throw them on the floor or in a container. for a nice roleplay aspect i would like to lean my pickaxe on some crates getting ready for the huge operation. the rafts laying on the floor holding fragments, why not lean some up against the wall. barrels, must they all be upright except when on a shelf. most larger tools and items i would like to see them lean.

over time it would be odd but cool to make a statue or "art" stacking items on other items. if anyone is familiar with "a tale in the desert" they have a art item, where anything you own can be put within this 1 tile zone making pictures or animals or even a tool made by that tool but with 100 of them.

the reason i say it would be indoor only is it would be cool but odd to see a tent made of rafts randomly in the woods, or some using them as blinds from archers when approaching a enemy. im sure this is not really needed but would add more decorating in general, along with haveing a woodworking shop look like one with saws and other tools leaning on a table waiting to be used.

• Like 3

+1

I'd like to see "place" be able to change the axis so books can be placed flat or standing up.  Have a bottle laying down on the table like it fell.  With this we should be able to "lean" things against walls too.

+1 to position objects vertically

I made a book for a empty book shelf and it was such a disappointment, as the book just lay's flat on the shelf

• Like 1