Sign in to follow this  
HexD

Quick Maths

Add addition and subtraction operators to tile borders to find the sum of consecutive slopes.

You can do it with pen and paper or some other method but something like my suggestion would make life easier.

Like this?

6g2kq2c.png

not sure which border of a slanted tile it measures but if you plant a range pole you have a "survey" option on the dioptra. Spyglass helps for long distances. I think that's in since bridges were introduced.

<edit>

I think range pole can be planted on the tile corner which would make counting the exact slope easier. not 100% sure about this one though.

</edit>

Edited by Locath

That limits the distance to the quality of the tool? Also don't you need to have a line of sight on the pole to get readings? What if there is terrain obscuring the view?

I was thinking more along the lines of right clicking a border and selecting 'Add' then right clicking the next border and adding and so on for as long as you need to. Nothing too fancy but would be a handy in-game tool instead of having to PM myself slopes values or write them down with a pen each time.