Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Fix Unicorns On Chaos (dual mounting)

It's nice that Unicorns are a good replacement for Hell Horses since can ride them without them killing you once untame, but they are terrible on Chaos and no one uses because a 2nd person (enemy) can mount your Unicorn while you are mounted on it at the same time which makes the Unicorn slow, hard to figured out wtf is going on, and easy to jump on and kill making it just bad mechanic for Chaos.  Would be nice to use them instead of regular horses.  Got all hyped up with Unicorns and being able to use gold horse shoes, but useless on Chaos in it's current state.

Can a rule or something be set so Unicorns are not dual mounts on Chaos anymore or make it to where you have to have 2 saddles or 1 large saddle if you want 2 people to ride so it balances it out for Freedom?  Since very good balances and changes have came to Chaos (thank you), can this be another one in next update?

• Like 1

Sindusk said at some point on PVP discord he'll be looking into fixing that as far as i know, like, devs agreed it's not intended, or was it  Darklords ? Either way, a dev

Edited by Gladiator

We should be able to embark them as passenger, but the enemy shouldn't.  Speed penalty and everything else should stay the way it is.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Sindusk said at some point on PVP discord he'll be looking into fixing that as far as i know, like, devs agreed it's not intended, or was it  Darklords ? Either way, a dev

Good to know.  Thanks.

I think it's a fair assertion to make that enemy kingdoms shouldn't be able to embark as a passenger while you're mounted on it. I'll pop this up in dev chat.

• Like 2

enemy can't lead/ride regular tamed enemy horses can they? pretty sure they show as hostile, but its been a while

should be the same system for the unicorns, I really don't understand why anyone would want to ride a unicorn into battle though =p

56 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

enemy can't lead/ride regular tamed enemy horses can they? pretty sure they show as hostile, but its been a while

should be the same system for the unicorns, I really don't understand why anyone would want to ride a unicorn into battle though =p

It's nice with the new gold / silver horse gear and all, it's fast and strong too. Will be very bad after the priest overhaul though.

I actually think this is a terrible suggestion now. I should be able to take a CR penalty if i want to and ride your unicorn while killing it.

Thanks.