Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

creating wine

You create a fermenting white wine.

No where does the above line suggest the wine will become anything else but wine. If it should be turning into vinegar, it should show as such:

You create a fermenting white wine vinegar.

Why put your player base through the misery of ruining there wine, sure the wiki states it, but its easy enough to mistakenly pull random fruit scraps out of your bsb when sealing the wine.

If the event window showed that you were creating vinegar, then at least you would only be ruining one barrel of wine, instead of potentially dozens.

The same problem happens when making red wine, rice wine and even malts/worts.

• Like 3

Not a bug it was itended not to know recepie from start by cooking update. Discovering dofferent outputs by mixing ingridients was part of fun. Once discovered you have your cookbook to check for woodscrap types

Although I admit that method of making vinegar is rather silly and unrealistic. Vinegar is made by alredy fermented wine exposing it to air and sunlight so it oxidate to vinegar

Edited by kochinac

7 hours ago, kochinac said:

. Discovering dofferent outputs by mixing ingridients was part of fun.

Okay fun and a laugh is for using the wrong scrap and waiting 5 days and getting vinegar on one batch. For the poor sods who did it on 5,000 kgs, and this is not myself that did it, just all the others who have, its no fun.

'Discovery' is still accomplished when you seal that barrel and it tells you the results in the event window, waiting another 5 days really does not make it any different.

A poor decision on the dev's part, adding one extra line of code will not hurt the 'discovery', I think the dev's never gave it any thought to someone cranking out a ton of wine in one shot with those results surely they want the game to be enjoyable, you know rather than sinking below the 2k mark for subs.

I can empathize with Jakeriver's point here.  I've not done this myself but can see the defeat not needed.  Perhaps some compromise if not as he suggested, be able to use lore to know in advance whether added x woodscrap gives vinegar or wine..

Okay, from yesterday's patch notes:

Change: You should no longer waste a full sap harvest if your bucket is full upon beginning the harvest action.

The dev's are concerned enough that someone may waste milking some sap from a few tree's but on the other hand are totally fine with someone wasting 100's of tree's worth of sap at one time? Doe's this make any sense at all? 

Bloodscythe said it best, the defeat is not needed here.

5 hours ago, tamat said:

who made 5k liters of vinager?

They should make achievement for that :P

I couldnt even imagine if all of my wine had turned into vinegar because the game didnt say it was possible to ruin it all.