pTLJKjY.png

Greetings, Wurmians! We apologise for the delay, cheeky little gremlins have been at play (hah, I'm a poet and I didn't even realise) but we’re back with another exciting edition of the Valrei International. This week, we have quite a few announcements, so let’s get started!

“What’s Your Favorite Wurm Memory?”

Last week, we launched a special Facebook contest inviting people to share their favorite Wurm Online memories. The contest ran for one week, and at the end of it, Joelle and I randomly chose five entries out of 39 total participants! They all had such amusing, touching, and interesting stories to share. Here are the lucky five winners, who each received a key of 30 days premium time:

Getting absolutely murdered by a seal because: "how hard could a seal be to kill?" - Wolfey

Whilst over the last 13 or so years of playing I have countless wonderful memories. My standout memories are all centered around the friends I've made in this wonderful game.

Those friendships in many instance have transended the game and become real life friendships. Over the years I've been. Very lucky to travel extensively and have visited Wurmians in Europe, UK, Australia, Sweden and the America's.

These memories aren't just my favourite of Wurm but of my life in general. A huge shout out to all the wonderful people I've had the chance to meet and I hope to increase that list even more in the coming years.

From sleeping in Nadroj's kitchen. Traveling to Amsterdam with Red and McDaniel. Sky diving with Rosie. Fossil hunting with Kernalleonassar. Road tripping around the USA with Zivirt and Kharm. Caving with Sharkin. All of these are some of my most valued and great memories and none of it could have happened without Wurm Online...so thank you! - Emoo

My favorite memory that still makes me laugh is when I convinced my friend and neighbor in the game, Rockdawgz, to go to epic with me. We were riding around, and I turned around to make sure she was behind me and saw a huge red dragon on her heels. For a split second I thought it was an insanity hallucination until I realized "hey, those don't move." I typed out "ROCK RUUUUUUUUUUN!" she about wet herself when she turned around and saw the dragon right behind her  - Demonanightshade

Defending Watergate on chaos VS TC as champion at the time lmao.... hours and hours of so much teamwork and fun JENN KELLON FOR LIFE! - Grumpyman (Formerly Beastwulf)

i really don't have a favorite memory. its a hard game to find but over 10 years and 3 mains later i can really only say the community. its one thing that's always stood out, with a smaller player-base everyone heard of everyone. the wiki is updated by players and when you cant find it theirs tons of people willing to help solve the question. when your playing everyone offers you tools and places to stay, learn, and skill. i guess you can say my fav memory is the smaller community and how many will go out of there way to help you or hold events to bring everyone together rather than fighting over land or penning dragons. - Zeldagold

It’s always heartwarming to read players’ experiences with Wurm, and it reminds us that everyone plays this game in their own unique way and that should be celebrated! Be sure to follow the Wurm Online Official Facebook page to receive updates about the game, sneak peeks, and more chances to win in-game prizes!

“You have a moment of inspiration…”

To continue with the contest hype, we’ve decided to launch a forum-based competition with a special theme: You have a moment of inspiration…

Players should submit entries based on what inspires them in Wurm Online. Entries can be as creative as you like--from screenshots to poems to videos and more! It could even be as simple as sharing your own personal story about how Wurm inspires you. The sky’s the limit with this competition, and the prizes involved are something you don’t want to miss out on.

Tich’s Statue

DP3mLtc.jpg

[16:15:56] In loving memory of our friend and developer, Tich. 

Next update, the memorial statue for Tich will be released. Tich passed away at the end of October, and we know you all have been eager for this statue to come to the game. The statue will be craftable as marble, with metal types being discoverable via archaeology.

Horse Colors (YAY!)

Also in the next update, the five new horse colors will appear in the game. Malena did an amazing job with these textures, as I’m sure you’ll all agree, and we are so excited for the variety they will bring.

Q1CZJsR.jpg

Chicken Colors? Whaaaat?

Speaking of variety, this update will also ALSO include new hen and rooster colors! Saroman was so inspired by Malena’s work on horses that he just had to keep the work going with his own project! (And we’re not saying, but we’re just saying, there may be more new textures on the horizon in future: <Saroman> want to do more now, it’s fun haha)

QfDrRuy.jpg

RIP Oblivionnreaver, but the joke was worth it!

A Shadow Rises

A familiar darkness is looming over Freedom, hushed whispers spread across the land about an eerie and chilling fate: Libila is coming...

With the priest update, we are looking at bringing the ability to become a follower of Libila to Freedom servers. Because of all of the current restrictions with this religion, we’re planning on using more public testing and taking the transition slowly. Some restrictions will still be in place, such as mycelium, which will not be able to grow on Freedom, and some spells will not be possible just as they are not possible with player gods.

eR9DY2L.png

The pact is sealed.

That said, being a Fo-llower is where it's at yo. 

Community Content

What does it mean?

That’s it for this fortnight! The next update will come out on Thursday, with the new creature colors and Tich’s statue. Next time, we’ll have more information about what to expect in the end-of-the-year BIG update. Until then though, it’s smooth sailing!

Nj2qVHj.png

Keep on Wurming!

Retrograde and The Wurm Team

• Like 26

Big chick en!

Oh my god thank you SO SO SO much Malena those colours look amazing!!!

I can't believe they're prioritizing Libila on freedom in this update! she's the one I want to go after the update!

AAaaaaaah!

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 2

ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEEEEE!!!

Don’t you tease me Retro!!!

• Like 2

Does this mean the birdcage will also get random color of hen then?

And hey, how about a new map update?

My guess is that the new Inde deed is a memorial.

• Like 2

And hey! shouldn't we get the ability to choose which item to dispel? this has always felt like lazy design more than a balanced game mechanic.

This is also a good opportunity for the devs to add some hell horse colours that are actually good!

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 2

So.... follower of Libila... considering you speak of spells I guess that also means turning into a Lib Priest mh... time to prepare a new alt. ^^

Omg am I dreaming or is there a chicken update! Champion chicken? Maybe coops soon? ?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Does this mean the birdcage will also get random color of hen then?

And hey, how about a new map update?

My guess is that the new Inde deed is a memorial.

Damn this would be awesome if we could get all that colors on birds in cages, would make them much viable decoration

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The next update will come out on Thursday, with the new creature colors and Tich’s statue.

Excellent work on this Wurman Developers (and Malena)! Looking forward to this next week I reckon.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Community Content

What does it mean?

A new Hunting Server. This is the only Village allowed on it and re-spawn point if killed there. Can sail into it from any server and is a small safe island with no mobs on it.

=Ayes=

3 minutes ago, Ayes said:

A new Hunting Server. This is the only Village allowed on it and re-spawn point if killed there. Can sail into it from any server and is a small safe island with no mobs on it.

=Ayes=

It's on independence... 

• Like 2

What does it mean?

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's on independence...

Lured a further clue out of you! *winks*

=Ayes=

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's on independence... 

A portal that takes you to Haven which is another planet/moon.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

black rooster jumping in the air looks like a champion rooster...or is it a champ...

Edited by sandokhan
  • Like 1

@MalenaI closed the thread and then reopened it, as I would have been remiss in not complementing you on the new horse skins. Very nice work ?

• Like 1

All amazing new offerings, truly each can stand alone as a thing to be excited/happy about.

I'm still holding out hope something special will happen and dappling grey is in the game as some highly randomized possibility, i'm also still holding out for snowy mammoths and dolphin chariots.  I prayed hard and wished fervently for saddlebags, look what happened.  There is hope and yes virginia there is a santa clause.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

Nice work Malena and Saroman.

Looking forward to some new foals! :) 

Haven's Landing - a place for new players maybe? ;)

I am sure all will be revealed.

• Like 2

Haven's Landing new Howl most likely at other end of Inde...

Love the horses and chickens .

There is a little 1 tile island on Ide infront of were Rockcliff use to be at Inner Sea  , there is a statue of sorts there now  , would like to see it replaced with one of Tich  .

New owner and most platers from there know the spot .....

• Like 1

hey i bet REtro's new settlement is located where you can get that view on Indy :P I will investigate!

• Like 1

First few to retros deed gets free rare lib statues???

Cant wait to see the new horses, good job guys, keep the excitement going.

No Turkey (like the E bunny use to be) that runs around and drops pies or something.

Grats to the winners of the contest and hope more try this round, hope the competition is fierce.

• Like 2

Now I'll never get to buy a place on Inde.  Thanks Retro for making Inde attractive again, lol. :D

Edited by Eyesgood

I'm super excited for Libila. I actually tried to become a follower of Libila on Independence even going as far as trying to buy a statuette in trade chat. Someone eventually told me I couldn't after I spent a lot of time figuring things out.

• Like 1