Sign in to follow this  
Evilreaper

Fix "Demi" gods being stronger than real gods?

all this priest overhaul bs is ruining the priest system as a whole....

demi gods should be demi (weaker) than their sponsor...

i purpose that we make all the player gods mirror w/e god they are based off of meaning:

1)if nathan is a demigod of libila he will have ALL libilas passives, and saccing items, and restrictions exactly as libila has them

2) he is a demi god so to ensure he is weaker than libila the spell list should be exactly same spells as libila except 2 random ones removed to make him lesser

then apply this to all "demi" gods just like PMK's are based off tempate kingdoms the demigods should be simply based off their Template god :D except weaker of course

i think this would greatly simplify priesting, and remove the OPness of some gods while rendering others utterly useless

just in the way that ancient greek demi-gods inherited some powers from their parent god 

EDIT:

Cool epic perk ideas for being a player  god:

1) when a player becomes a god give them perma priest status w/o the priest restrictions like a champion but not related to champ system  (basically a priest without priest restrictions restrictions)

2) Start them with 100 faith in themself lol.

3)let them choose which template god they want to follow! or just make their template god w/e god they currently follow (if following a player god, that player gods template god)

4) a cool ass title of course

5) (for both clusters maybe?)

oh and HAIL LIBILA BRING HER TO FREEDOM!

that is all, goodnight

Edited by Evilreaper
  • Like 2

The demigod isnt a god yet, they are the ones that sit on valrei waiting to ascend. As to the problem of player gods that is what is attempting to be fixed, your proposal would just make them pointless and better to remove the idea of player gods completely.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

The demigod isnt a god yet, they are the ones that sit on valrei waiting to ascend. As to the problem of player gods that is what is attempting to be fixed, your proposal would just make them pointless and better to remove the idea of player gods completely.

+1  if only removed from freedom cluster

Edited by Evilreaper

13 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

better to remove the idea of player gods completely.

+1

• Like 1

yeah, though I do find it amusing to sacrifice stuff to Gary, I preferred it when we only had the original 4. so +1 to removing them completely

• Like 1

All the negativity, the whole idea of beeing able to become a god is one of the greatest thing in a game ever, sure everyone have been Sme up till now, but the priest changes realy ballans that out and make the "real" gods more valuble imo. You are just beeing rude right now imho!

• Like 3

I'm confused. What would be the point of following a player god if they're the exact same as their template god, except worse?

• Like 3

Demi-gods are game breakers.  Make them super champions as a reward to the player, but do not screw the player base that built a priest on the four original template.  Nacho can cast rite of spring and rite of the sun---give me a break.

4 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Demigods dont have spells

In the priest update, at least, player gods are referred to as "demigods". These are what the OP is talking about, I have to assume.

Worst idea I have ever seen, executed horribly in every way possible.

No demi-god priest restrictions means everyone is a demi-god priest so -1

Easy 100 faith with the loss of 2 spells is weird and doesn't make sense. -1

Player deity's are being aligned MUCH better with the real deity's instead of being overpowered which gives a good feeling of having more choice then from the 4 base deity's so... -1

I don't really understand why so many people want to preserve the 4 main deity's so much, having more choices is fun, especially since most demi-gods are being balanced to not be straight up better than the base deity's Fo will be the best healer, Magranon will be the best fighter, and Libila will be the best mage, and Vynora is still the best enchanter. And they're all getting CR bonuses on top of that, Libila can have up to 5+ offensive CR with truehit and passive. And I'm saying this as someone who wants to go a base deity after the update. God bless Canada.

Edited by Wiolo