Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Masonry Bridges without rails, but buildable borders

I don't like the built in rails/fence that comes with the bridges today.  They look great, but still don't match existing walls and fences.  They are tall enough to restrict our views when on foot.  People love a good view and in RL, bridges are always a great place to get an amazing view.

So, when building a bridge, make it come with a flat surface that does not have the built in rail/fence.  Rather it should have a border that is build-able, so we can put chain, iron, stone or whatever fence, as long as it is a solid fence and not like the low rope that you walk through.  Think of how colorful bridges will become! 

I know previous posts have been made for a better matching of the rails to existing fences, but this really opens up all the options.  Maybe even one day building houses on bridges?  Some pretty amazing structures like that in Europe and would be fun to replicate here.

2Gs1Umr.jpg

• Like 8

Yeah, view from the bridge, while on foot is very limited.

Agree with all above, +1

Its been asked also before as use to make docks of sorts to a small land point ..

Give a more looking port feel ..

I've had multiple projects where bridges without railings would have been nice. Not to mention docks.

docks be cool

don't think they can add fences to the bridge borders, as you can already build fences on the ground below the bridge, not knowing much about coding but I would think it be not possible

there is quite a few bugs with bridges still and removing the safety rail on the sides may cause more problems with carts/wagons/horses dropping through the ground or just magically floating in the air