Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Master Crafter Modifications

Modifications are alterations made to items by their crafter which are selected during item creation. The crafter chooses a modification to an item to be applied beforehand (by means of the crafting window) which will change the end result by adding a modification as stated below. 

Certain modifications work or are available for certain items while others are not.

All modifications are unlocked once a crafter has become a master in their profession (reaches 90 skill) and can only be applied to items produced with that profession (i.e. a 90 Weaponsmith can’t modify a pickaxe).

Modifying an item during creation consumes one source crystal and it cannot be reversed.

Once an item is created with a modification, the item will have that modification until consumed, decays or is otherwise destroyed. Modified items cannot be combined with non-modified items, nor can they be combined with items with different modifications. Dropping them in bulk storage (where possible) will remove the modification.

Modified items can be further enchanted or runed as normal. Once an item is modified, it will display its trait as a prefix to the item’s name (i.e. Tempered Axe, Iron).

List of Modifications:

Efficient- Increases use speed by 5%

Exceptional- Increases max yield or quality gain by 1 point of ql

Fleeting- Increases movement speed of vehicle by 3%

Graceful – Reduces total weight of item by 25%

Hefty – Increases bash damage.

Infused- Increases resulting cast potency on item.

Insightful- Extends temporary affinity timer.

Medicated- Increases healing potency.

Plentiful – Increases yield by 25%

Reinforced – Reduces the chance of shatter by 5%

Robust- Reduces decay damage by 5%

Satisfying- Increases nutrition gain. (Foods)

Seeded- Increases seed yield. (Only for crops)

Serrated- Increases damage done to armor or shields by 5%

Sharp – Increases damage dealt by 3%

Stable – Reduces fuel consumption by 10%

Sturdy- Reduces item damage taken by 5%

Tempered – Increases chance to improve.

Training- Increases skill gain by 5%.

Well Balanced – Reduces stamina drain when used by 25%.

• Like 11

You have put forward some ideas that may partly fill the gap that some people feel exists for the top-end players. Your list of modifications is very comprehensive and contains original ideas.

I am not sure whether (or how) they could be added to the Wurm mechanics but I wish I was near to being able to modify my creations in some of these ways.

If it would be possible to add to the game then I would be for it even though for me it would be a long-term dream.

+1

This might be one of those cool end-game type things, maybe only give option to people with 90 skill in that craft to give them something of value at higher level.

1 minute ago, nicedreams said:

+1

This might be one of those cool end-game type things, maybe only give option to people with 90 skill in that craft to give them something of value at higher level.

Thats the idea.

14 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Thats the idea.

I read it again.  Need to brush up on my comprehension skills.  Too much mind numbing RL work today and mind still foggy.

• Like 1

It is a fun idea. Though maybe have different tiers. Maybe some unlock at 90, some at 95, 99, and even one or two for 100. I always thought we need a bit more incentive to grind past 90.

The extra title from 90 to 100 just isn't worth the grind.

Edited by Hailene
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Hailene said:

It is a fun idea. Though maybe have different tiers. Maybe some unlock at 90, some at 95, 99, and even one or two for 100. I always thought we need a bit more incentive to grind past 90.

I thought about that, but then I'd have to decide which would be unlocked when for each ability, which in and of itself would be a massive undertaking. Not all modifications work for all skills. In the end locking away modifications with a 100 goal is a rather massive undertaking. Most players don't get that far, so I opted for giving it all at 90.

+1

Already been said but... great idea, it's one of those things that make you facepalm and think "why did no one think of this earlier". ^_^

4 hours ago, Hailene said:

I like this part. Started playing osrs again and one of the few things that will make you grind to 99 in there are skillcapes and extra abilities. So i think this could make people more into specific proffession (limited amount of people) vs jack of all trades. Maybe give some where decent boosts at 95 and very nice in 99 25% stronger and double it or can have 2 of those at 100. This means that those few who actually grind to 100 can really make use of it. But the ones that are 90 or 95 have also ability to be special. 

• Like 2

I really like the idea, and a lot of the necessary functionality is already in the game via other enhancement systems.  The only issue I see is that this reduces the value of other similar systems - why would anyone bother with (some) runes if they could get the same effect by having 90 skill (or knowing someone with 90 skill)?

55 minutes ago, Wonka said:

I really like the idea, and a lot of the necessary functionality is already in the game via other enhancement systems.  The only issue I see is that this reduces the value of other similar systems - why would anyone bother with (some) runes if they could get the same effect by having 90 skill (or knowing someone with 90 skill)?

Why not both? 

Edited by Wulfgarr

11 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Modified items can be further enchanted or runed as normal. Once an item is modified, it will display its trait as a prefix to the item’s name (i.e. Tempered Axe, Iron).

Cause i am after 2335 posts still a forum bleb, quote of them stacking

• Like 1

I think sindusk should be tagged here. He has a necroed topic about improvements for "late game". This could be somewhat fitting in that category. :)

Sindusks comments were about WU mods, not WO, and he didnt necro it. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gist of this is an advanced skill locked rune system?

It strikes me as double stacking runes if your skill is 90+. but the second rune cannot be removed in any way 

1 hour ago, Wulfgarr said:

Why not both? 

because finding someone with 90 skill (in the common crafting skills) is easy, and often free (if you're in a reasonable alliance), whereas runes depend on multiple skills and often need hard-to-come-by resources.  So for certain things, it's much easier to go with the skill system, so those runes will almost never be used again. 

12 minutes ago, Wonka said:

because finding someone with 90 skill (in the common crafting skills) is easy, and often free (if you're in a reasonable alliance), whereas runes depend on multiple skills and often need hard-to-come-by resources.  So for certain things, it's much easier to go with the skill system, so those runes will almost never be used again. 

there's people that do both free rune attachment and free creation with your materials so that's a rather moot point, same thing was said with runes about imbues, but people still use em. i go to one rift and end up with like 60 mats in total which i could rune every tool i have so it's not really hard to come by either. 

• Like 1

I generally like the idea of unlocking possibilities with different skills caps expecially between 90 and 99. But with rune system this seems a bit overstretched and way too easy (unless it's not only 90 skill but gradually between 90-99). But still even with that, why? I would rather see rune system offering some more useful runes. There are very few runes people commonly use, and the rest which idk if are ever used by someone... Moonmetal runes often being to expensive for its benefits, never actually try using one to see the difference though

Maybe unlock making + one or two rune slots with skills over 90 on tool?

Edited by kochinac

I agree, with Kochinac here, 90-91-92-etc gradually locking these up would be fancy.

+1 to the basic idea, but I'd consider implementing it via the title system:

1) Unlock title via skillgain;

2) Complete unique title goals so you can use title's unique power;

3) Start master crafting while using that title.

This means the most powerful versions of the additions would be bound to the level 100 title, while the weakest ones would be available at title 50. It also means there would be something to keep shooting for after level 100 in a skill. :)

Finally, you wouldn't easily be able to craft these powerful additions on more than one or two types of item (since we have two title slots): you would need to specialize. (I figure there'd be a cooldown for switching title powers.)

+1 

Its been said multiple times already, but I'll say it as well: Really great idea here! Well presented and with lots of potential to expand on this idea in all areas of skill within the game.

How about at 90, 95, and 99 you can select one modification you can use for that respective skill. At 100 you get two because that is a crazy hard thing.

It gives some potential for people to specialize and more incentive for people to trade, too.

I might be able to add more damage to weapons but I need to ask my equally skilled neighbor to create a bash damage large maul for my construction needs.

• Like 2