Sign in to follow this  
Karidwen

[Fixed] Nuked vein reverting

# What happened

Server: Deliverance

I nuked a sandstone vein in a tunnel project. Unearthed rock above ground, cast Erupt, then in 1 day cast freeze. The tile turned to rock.

A few days later when i came to mine out the rock tile, it is back to sandstone vein, with roughly the same amount of sandstone in it (cant tell exact hit count, but same range)

# What you expected to happen

The nuked tile to stay rock and not revert back to sandstone.

# Steps to reproduce 

1) Erupt a tile

2) Freeze said tile

3) wait a few days

I will be trying to erupt the tile in the nearest days again and see what happens...

Additional notes:
I have the logs from the erupting. The tile is the only one i have nuked on the deed set up to protect the tunnel while it is still in works, so it was easy to pin down.

The erupt was done on 11th November 5pm at GMT +2 time zone

The freeze was done on 12th November 9pm GMT +2

I checked the tile after freezing, it was rock. Once i got back to mine it our at 17th November, around 5pm ish, it was back to sandstone...

I did not check the tile in between those times, so cant tell exactly when the revert happened.

• Like 1

seen this very thing happen on chaos as well as described above to also include these steps being done before and after server resets and game updates having no differential impact , giving same bugged results

It seems that this "cave wall" is never written to the map file, which means when the server is restarted everything is as it was.

The only thing to bypass this is atm: Mine the cave wall before the server restarts.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

I have only experienced this with the one sandstone tile, but i normally mined the other nuked tiles out right after freezing, so i can not 100% tell its happening only to sandstone.