Sign in to follow this  
Joneya

Some re-skins (including horses + sheep + cows + tapestries + tall banners + walls and more)

This is not a mod but a bunch of texture files you can use if you wish :) Its easy to use. I don't know how to use it with creature mod - I have just replaced other textures with my own.

JdefEdA.jpg

4cz61Fu.jpg?164PTySA.jpg?13GulfCf.jpg?2yfDvjv1.jpg7jtbVzV.jpg?1KX0C2a5.jpg

Sm4t6i3.jpg

g0W0b2D.jpg

BSzsFQ7.jpg?1

7XSUvlm.jpgr9M8MWZ.jpg?1

Rendered wall in the bottom - wooden version on the top:

Lct3GnW.jpg

ZSBPv4X.jpg

CjHapTk.jpg

T19zbfX.jpg

Oh, and last but not least, the blob! Not that I fear spiders, but IF I did, this games "phobia mode" version of the spiders have been gory and nasty and impossible to spot! Isn't this a lot better? Attack of the rainbow-slimes \o/
FnDvwAh.jpg?1

In order to use my method, first close your wurm-clients (Steam can be left running).

1. Make sure you have something that can open packed files (winrar, winzip, 7zip or something)
2. Navigate to   Steam --->  steamapps --->  common --->  WurmUnlimited--->  WurmLauncher  --->  packs

3. Right click  graphics.jar  and choose to use your zip program to open it (I use 7zip and in the right click menu I have to navigate through 7zip --->  open archive)
4. Find where the texture you want to replace is located ( For instance, horses, unicorns and hellhorses are in creatures --->  horse    - walls are in structures ---> houses   - Tapestries are in furniture)

5. Drop the downloaded and properly re-named texture into the folder where it belongs (a question will pop up, that you want to say yes to).
6. Start your Wurm Unlimited game as usual. It should now load the chosen texture instead of the original game texture when you enter the world.

NOTE: Some of my textures need re-naming. If it has a (2) at the end it must be removed. Rename the file name alltogether if you want them to replace another color or version of the item.

To download my textures - click the link below and find the correct texture:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19vzyoQLdQW_r2fvGLqzfGKQ2jWUjCabo?usp=sharing

A quick list of the current textures to more easily navigate which file you may want to download:

2Y6sq8.jpg

dUpEl9.jpg

Edited by Joneya
  • Like 11

Very nice textures. I especially like the blob model ? Thank you for sharing them with us all. I cannot wait to make them into a mod to use on my server.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Been attempting a strawberry roan, but in order to get the seams not looking stupid I had to make it a paint horse

Sneek-peak at last evenings work:
xhbz7v6.jpg1

Going to see if I can make it less shiny - it doesn't quite fit into Wurm at the moment (worst case re-work it alltogether using other existing models.)

• Like 1

Oh, and a couple of more tapestries that I didn't have screenshots of before:
zm6rgRR.jpg1

Uhl6P7B.jpg?1

• Like 4

I hope you make more of these. I'm lurking the hell out of this thread. These are amazing. 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2018 at 4:17 PM, Etheria said:

So I'm gonna need someone to make this into a mod please lol

Yes, me too.  I love these, but I don't want to overwrite what is already there...which is what I think is meant by all this, lol.  I have the creature mod already, and would love to have either an add-on to that one or else just the furnishings one.  This is really nice stuff. Amazing what @Joneya can do with basically the same equipment we've all been handed, even if not for the new skins!  

• Like 1

Love those tapestries and that tall banner! And the fjord skin! Lots of good stuff here. That pic of your room with the chaise lounges in it -- absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing! :)