Sign in to follow this  
ctaylor77

? Bridge confusion ?

I am planning some bridges in Deed planner. IE ....   1st 1x1 building 1 flr , 2nd 1x1 building 2 flrs. They are 4 tile apart. █==█ So the bridge is actually 2 tile long. ( 15 slope based on 2 tile ) ( 7.5 slope based on the 4 full tile ) ( math is 18.4 degree slope on 2 tile long )

1st 1x1 building 1 flr , 2nd 1x1 building 2 flrs. They are 5 tile apart. █===█ So the bridge is actually 3 tile long. ( 6 slope based on full 5 tile ) ( 10 slope based on 3 tile ) ( math is 33.6 degree slope on 3 tile long )

Im asking because im having a hard time understanding the math here that's in wiki about slope/bridge/height/length. pythagorean theorem is pretty simple. What is 20 slope figured from? Is it just the hypotenuse?

Im getting ready to build a series of stair stepping bridges. Ill have to build some stair stepping to get up to where I want. As in dirt pillars as I go up with 1x1 buildings on top. I will have to make a building, turn 90, make another , turn 90 and so on to get up to where I want.

So Im trying to make sure I get it right because I don't want to build my dirt pillars and find out later I cant have a nice looking bridge with the correct slope.

Thanks for looking at this, maybe Im outa control with this series of questions. But with 1st 1x1 its 32 tall ( checked in game with dioptra ) I was told your slope needs to end up being 20 or less to work. So I would need to make ground tile 2 dirt high depending on length.

Anyway good enough.

Slope is not angle, it is height difference. If you just build flat bridges (not rope with sack or arched) then limitations is 20 slope per tiles distance, same as 20 dirt per tile.

First floor of house is 33 dirt high, following is 30 dirt.

Angle is not used for anything but if you really want to know then 20 slope = atan(20/40) = 26.6 degrees. 1 dirt = 0.1 meter and a tile is 4 meter on each side.

So if each tile is a letter and H is house tile and B is bridge tile then 4 tiles bridge between two houses HBBBBH. House tile is flat so height difference between two house can max be 4*20 = 80 dirt. Bridge starts where house ends and ends where next house starts. Whenever you make house height difference by raise dirt or have different story height of houses does not matter.