Sign in to follow this  
Mataleao

New Mob: Ranged Attack

I propose a new mob type that uses ranged attack. Currently every pve mob is CQC melee-type. It would add a new level of excitement to be ambushed and attacked from a distance while wandering aboot in the peaceful lands of Freedoom.

To minimise asset creation work, use the existing goblin.

Goblin Archer:

Mob asset: Goblin

Behaviour: Goblin

Attack type: Ranged, melee

Equipment: Bow, arrows, short sword

Loot: as above - bow, arrows, short sword, low ql and non-impable.

• Like 3

+1, why not, could be interesting. And promote more usage of shields in pve

My first reaction to this is that I don't think I'd care for it.  It doesn't sound like fun to be ambushed from a distance by something you potentially can't see, or figure out where it's coming from. Especially goblins which are hard to see sometimes anyway because they're so small and aren't hindered by the trees like we are.  And for lower level and/or new players, I think it could be a potential nightmare. 

• Like 1

I like the idea, but this current combat system just wouldn't work out well with ranged mobs and hard to see them at times so don't know where you being hit from for awhile.

Maybe expand on how nogumps and dragons can throw you a few tiles to other creatures.  Have a troll throw you off a cliff.

Edited by nicedreams
spelling

The idea of new mobs in general is exciting. As to the mechanics concerns Nicedreams discusses there, I don't know, but it sounds like a lot of fun.     

+1 for me!

Ill also shamelessly add to that:

Edited by MordosKull
Shameless additions!

@nicedreams I've had a black dragon hatchling throw me off a large mountain a few months back. It was .. interesting to say the least. I am only speaking for the black hatchling but I think they throw far enough. On nearly flat land I was thrown around 10-15 tiles away in a different encounter.

Instead of a goblin archer try creating a larger mob more comparable to a troll in order to address the possible size issue. Also, maybe we could have a normal "mage" type mob that cast fireballs and other similar spells like rift mobs do. Any of these should be somewhat uncommon to encounter. An overhaul of the fireball animation would be nice addition as well since, atleast to me, it appears quite invisible.

• Like 1