Sign in to follow this  
Alendhor

Rectangular frame wall opening

Hi,

How about adding rectangular frame openings as a wall option? Arches are great, of course, but too many arches can get tedious. It would be nice to have a rectangular opening as a design option. I've seen many people using the T-frame arch to achieve a similar look, but since the columns are set in the middle of the tile, the T-frame arch doesn't work for all situations, like the end of a long hall, or stall openings. The only other option is just not to put a wall there, and that looks unfinished.

Anyone else feel the same way?

• Like 2

Yes. +1

And +1 to additional wall designs in general, but especially this one.  Arches everywhere begins to look bad, and there are no other wall opening options that don't leave the building, or a portion of it, unfinished- as is the case when not placing a wall at all.

fortunately we got the extended arch options.  This helps a ton.  Combining arches with tall iron fences opens up so many new designs.  I recently went crazy with the  "double barred window" look that I saw from a post Joneya did here: 

Scroll down to her post on this page.

So we aren't stuck with the classic plain arch at least, but even more options would be sweet!