Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Weekend Subscription

With the new priest update in the works, I've been considering rejoining wurm.  Trouble is, I only have the free time to play one day a week, and paying premium for just 8 days of play is a bit of a waste.  I suspect I really am not alone in this

Thus I propose the "wurm weekend" package:

• 6 euros for 2 months of weekends (for the sake of argument, 4 weekends), 1 free sleep powder, only counts as 8 days of subscription

The maths : (2/7)*16 = 4.57.  So, it works out a bit more expensive in terms of "days played" than the full wurm subscription (you're paying an extra 1.43 for your 8 days of play).

You pick a timezone when you purchase it, so you can personalise it to your timezone, and you are premium only during saturday and sunday in that timezone for the duration (it's essentially 6 or 16 days of premium time that only count down on weekends).

If you then purchase another premium package on top of that, any weekends covered by that time are added as extra days, any weekends not covered by that time are used as normal during the weekend package.

Nice and easy, I suspect a lot of people would use it.  It also creates "busy periods" on the servers (weekend population explosions).

The only qualm is that it would be a good package for people using priest alts, but those people are the type of people just to use the saved money to buy silver!

Not a bad idea but it might be worth going straight for a more expensive premium where you only use your time when playing... say 8euros = 80 hours of play time... which would be playing almost 3 hours per Wurm month... or a lot more on week ends. Going for the classic premiumship would be interesting for those of us who spent more time on the game... price can always be adjusted accordingly anyway.

You do not even play but keep suggesting changes to the game you're not playing??

Also you want to have full benefits for less than half the price other pay and to use it at convenient for you time?

What happens if everyone takes the week off and plays only on weekends?

Should CC cut it's income by -60% because you're maybe considering to play? ?

amusing.

--edit

This is not even original derp, it's a rip off that post and causes same damage to the game imo

If the sub price and terms should be reconsidered is ONE topic, but to have such plans can only harm full time prems, one thing is to spam alts for a month.. but reviving skilled chars able to cause changes to terrain, market, etc.. is a no-no to have it for cheap/compared to usual costs/.

... just IMO

Edited by Finnn
--edit

Alrighty, where to begin...

1.  Yeh, I am not playing the main game at the moment, nor have you been most of the time.  Funny thing is players who have left and are saying something is a barrier to their return, are probably not alone in that mechanic being a barrier to their return.  In my case, I have a housemate who still looks after my deed; in other cases a lot of folks come back to nothing, and THEN have to commit to a full time premium as well.  For some reason, I doubt many such returners become premium again.  The data definitely lends weight to the conclusion.  https://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

2.  "Full benefits" would be 7 days a week full premium access; I'm essentially saying I would be willing to pay MORE for per day access than someone who goes for full premium.  4.57  would be paying the same amount (per day of access), so 2.29 would be paying just over half, whereas 6 is 1.31x as much as someone paying full premium.  Get your maths right.

3.  If everyone stopped playing wurm during the week (no weeknights), then I'd be very surprised.

4.  Got a secret to tell you Finn...  That damage is already happening; most people ARE purchasing alts for sermon groups, because the player population is so damn low.  They're also using priests as alts, and boy is that (and pay to win mechanics to allow one to change faiths) a bad idea.  Then again, if lots of people are on during weekends, you're likely to see larger sermon groups sprining up over the weekend, when most people are free.

5.  Reviving old high level characters?  So you don't want old players returning, or you object to people reviving their old characters and giving CC and extra sub?  Either way, bad attitude.

6.  Market?  What market?  There isn't going to be a market without people to take part in the market XD

7.  Oddly enough I havn't been trawling the forums for posts on the topic, but there is a SOLID difference (i.e. silver vs real currency).

• Like 1

if someone has emoji's in their post i can't take them seriously, that's just awful to look at. 2s prem is already a thing so it's not like people are going to prem old accs just to sermon/slay uniques on weekends as 2s will beat it out. not that you couldn't do that in the past by selling the referral but hey whatever floats your boat. "but reviving skilled chars able to cause changes to terrain, market, etc" casual players are like, the main buyers in the market because they don't have time to grind, spam bricks etc, if you're thinking about the market having more casual players is helpful, not that you should give a ###### about the market when talking about suggestions to improve the game, but whatever.

they could really do with a playtime/weekend option for premium, maybe in the past the monthly prem would be fine but there's the option of playing wu instead which is a hell of a lot more convenient for weekend players. that ship's probably sailed already though

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Finnn said:

Should CC cut it's income by -60% because you're maybe considering to play? ?

amusing

What a harsh attitude, the guy is just looking for a way to work around the monthly premium costs because he feels like most of the time he pays for is wasted.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

long post.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

read if you care, skip if you don't, just replying to 3 people referring to me and I'm moving on from here

Spoiler

@WioloDo you think it's fair to pay less and play at most convenient times at time of his choosing, when so far everyone else is paying the usual monthly sub for it?

I'm not saying game can't rethink it's sub cost and paypal, etc.. taxes added for transfers and per account costs.. but having a "cheat convenient plan" seems like a good way to kill the pop during the week and just maybe play on weekends; (and yea.. the 'maybe' word reminded me of something..)

One of the powers this game holds over you is the constant striving to improve, even with 0.00001 on something, and to be around constantly, if you get a bit more air.. you could easily split, in that sense.. I'd rather prefer a whole prem cost rethinking or nothing, personal opinion, explaining this as you just think I'm mean about it, and maybe I am.. toward the idea because I have another view for this matter, that's all. imo the idea is another dagger to backstab the economy, in a beautiful world that's convenient yes, but in terms of wurm and all it have been about for some.. I can expect mostly the negative consequences.

@ob simple, it's different to pay for completely new and useless noob fresh account capable of almost nothing at all.. because of the annoyingly long timers no matter what tools you have laying around to help it, and... repremming your 90miner with a rusty random 50woa pick doing way better and being useful to monetize your time or get a job done. Am I making a point? Currently.. such 2s alts are for dragon scraps and bloods, sermons and cheap alternative to magic chests/merchants as safe storage.

Casual players is what Wurm and Freedom cluster is about, deeds small and big, people just love what they do, no matter if they are busy or do nothing.

WU's famous about the loss of everything once the host stops caring for the server, you just lose your deed, your items, your castle, your gear, your character, your everything..

@ether 2-3k prems? you're aware that many just prem alts at xmas/easter to get rewards for decorations.. or to sell them later, light version of it.. just to hoard a few more unique items/it's a thing in wurm/, so.. no.. idk how it have been a few years back, but if you mean the less than 1k drop in prems for the past year, that could possibly be explained with holiday alts for loot.

2. saw the math, but you're picking just the cream from the cake and leaving the bland layers to rot, nobody have much time during the week if they work, we're all already paying the extra you're willing to pay and MORE, sry not making a point with the1.whatever+

3. if somebody wanted to play for cheap, they'll move to that plan and eventually get sick of the game and leave, if you had 5 days to concentrate on something else and 2 days to dump into something, how soon do you think you'd outgrow the smaller hobby and replace it?

4. A 'secret?', trying to be clever here? Fresh nubs are *resource* - unique scraps/blood/listeners for faith grind, and after the 2s prem your easiest solution to escape traveling and dealing with reasonable or not.. people.. is to just prem a horde and suck up the cost for it, as it's cheaper than dealing with others sometimes, plus.. most people don't really like to play with others, majority I've met think about silver, profits and playing alone, than again other come and go as they seem to not find PEOPLE to play with.
And the difference from before is.. before even if it was EASY to buy an alt and sell the ref.. you HAD TO do the extra stretch and be social for a second even.... to get another person to sell it to you.. or to pay you for it, without the extra effort now and the need to have extra 8silver to do the 'flip', things are much easier now for just about anyone to do it. And the game have always been pay to win, all you need is a mountain of sleep powders, 100 coc tools and some time to get where you are headed, somebody with no ench tools or the sb to spend have no chance to catch up in meaningful time, that's not a secret btw.

5. errgh.. *clueless what's on your mind*, no I have said nothing like that, and all I meant was to pay the usual sub price like anyone else who subs, nothing unusual right? Where have I said that I'm against alts in the sense of people having 1 smithing and 1 carp or masonry char, priest of this or that type, where?

For example I just run out of prem and repremed 2-3 days after, not caring about consecutive months, do you see me complaining about anything?

Also really no clue what the .. 5th point is about, seriously(keyword: context; #GIVE)

6. ok so you admit economy needs an overhaul more than some other things? (I guess I'm 'kidding' here, honestly doubt you do)

7. *clueless about the point there*, clearly 95%/+ of the game trades is item/cast for *silver* which later turns to upkeep, prem time or gets exchanged with another one for irl money, skip the last part.. if you were just doing the first two things and you had no silver, you'd spend RL cash to prem and pay upkeep.

How is silver not "real money" analog in the game than?

Maybe for current 16eu for 2 months add option to get premium token which gives one day of premium. So buying those 2 months and getting bunch of premium tokens you can play on weekends only with no worries.

Edited by Martynas5

I already suggested pack of premium tokens on another thread with this topic. You buy from the shop pack of X tokens for Y euros, each token upon use give you 2-3 days of premium. Plain and simple you don't have to worry about timezones or anything else, you can buy pack and redistribute it to alts, use it whenever you feel playing... Will it be abused for sermons and slayings probably but that ship has already sailed with 2s alts, will it be abused with weekend enchanting priests alts, hell yeah. But that's not fault of premium for weekend its a fault of a game that promote using alts so much. It's fault of promoting socializing for mechanics when most people wanna play solo to achieve those things instead of leaving social aspect just for the sake of social aspect and no other game gain beside having good time with friends. Prices needs to be calculated to fit among the sea of possibilities now with 5s 15days, 16 euros 2 months and even 2s fresh alt, if it's too expensive per day why not simply use 5s option get 2 weekends and waste days if it's still cheaper that way

I'd bump the price up to 8s for 8 weekends.

Though honestly it seems just to be an awfully specific band-aid. For time restricted people just add a pay as you play model. 16 euros/35 hours. 80 euros/225 hours. People who play intermittently can nurse their premium over a few months or even longer. People like me that play a few hours a day will stick to regular premium.

I figure almost everyone playing around 4 hours a week regularly probably isn't paying for premium, anyway, so might as well try to capture these untapped customers.

Edited by Hailene