Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Wand of Priesting

In the past there have been windows of opportunity where priests may change their faith for free.  Some of us miss these windows.  It would be nice to have the opportunity to switch without having to regain faith.

May I suggest a Wurm Shop item that allows a priest to change gods without losing faith?  The "Wand of Priesting" could be purchased from the Wurm Shop for an appropriate amount (10EU?) and it would have a single use.  Players could purchase them and sell them on Merchants for whatever price they choose, but priests would be limited to using one once every 30 days(?).

39 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

No, play the game instead.

Yeah!  That's right!  Stick it to those damned lazy people with heavy work commitments who use part of their salary to make up for lost gaming time!   They don't bring in half the funds to CCAB compared to someone who grinds silver 12 hours a day to pay for everything and undercut CCAB here and there for personal cash! 

2mmp82.jpg

• Like 2

i think you give the devs money by being prem to pray while a priest mr mordraug, jesus christ i've never seen anyone get so offended by a -1

• Like 3

i'm not entriely against it, but imo the price should be higher and the usage restrictions harder as well so that people can not change their god on a whim - a month is nothing in wurm imo and this move should still be very well thought about.

Maybe as more often a wand is used as more restrictions pop into place, as bad as losing 2,5 faith when you are sitting on the 100 so you can not instantly cast the top tier spells without some sermon work for the worst which may have a cooldown then, say 6 rl months later it drops down a level again until it eventually gets back to the first usage where it doesn't do anything bad to your character aside from costing money.

Just a rough draft though... but people should not be able to spam it monthly imo.

Webshop items are all good and fine as long as they are either cosmetic only, a QoL thing that does not even remotely touch the P2W area or crazy gamechangers.

• Like 1

I'd say it ought to cost at least 100s and have a 6 month cool down (you have to wait at least 6 months to use the wand on the same character again).

I see it being abused if you have lots of RL money to spend on this game.  For one I'd plan it out to get only 1 priest up to 90+ faith and high channeling.  Or most people just buy a super high level priest.  Then every month keep switching gods to keep doing different enchants without missing a beat on using different enchants types.  There is your abuse.

This is, very much, a pay to win mechanic.

I realise it is in place to counter an existing pay to win mechanic (levelling multiple priests and preming them up), but it just encourages the idea of priests as transferrable alts by lowering the fee.

A better option would be an ingame quest mechanic (something along the lines of "sacrifice faith*100 items that <target god> will like") that allowed to to change god upon completion with a 1 month cooldown when completed.  Better than the current system, gives a use for bulk materials, not pay to win.

Edited by Etherdrifter

27 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

I have always assumed pay to win would be an item or power that was ONLY available for real money and op vs something that is would ease the grind. The suggestion would only cut down on a prayer/sermon grind. 

I would suggest to have them no-drop/no-trade and only usable once every 6 months for 20s/eu

i'm ok with this if it just costs slightly .. a lot more than 10e, magic chests are ~common nowdays(meaning.. people do and want to spend on CS items), such wand could be a game changer, should cost A BIT MORE to buy/use it, saves time.. and lets face it faith grind is.. <I can't use words which wont get me warned>

it just shouldn't be too cheap to promote weekly/monthly changes, price should hurt to pay.. but it's saving months of faith grind after all...

+1

5 hours ago, nicedreams said:

I see it being abused if you have lots of RL money to spend on this game.  For one I'd plan it out to get only 1 priest up to 90+ faith and high channeling.  Or most people just buy a super high level priest.  Then every month keep switching gods to keep doing different enchants without missing a beat on using different enchants types.  There is your abuse.

How would this be different from buying a super high level priest from each deity and just premming a different one every month, pray tell? 

You could buy a vanilla vynora priest for coc casts to help your grinding... and after a certain point move to nacho or any of the random alt faiths for woa/botd or w/e.. you need as a main thing.

Point imo is to definitely not promote monthly changes, price should be high enough to demotivate such behavior and if somebody wants to pay it often enough.. doubt CC will mind it, I certainly wont.

Once again, this sort of thing reveals how clunky the whole priest mechanic is, and how much money people are willing to pay to escape the hassle.

+1. :P

12 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Yup yup yup! -1

Edited by Wiolo

With a bigger cooldown like 6 months or even better 6 months as premium in total since last faith transfer it could be interesting to prevent to often changes of mind and abusing alts just for casts... Sermoning is boring and stupid as hell.

16 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Yeah!  That's right!  Stick it to those damned lazy people with heavy work commitments who use part of their salary to make up for lost gaming time!   They don't bring in half the funds to CCAB compared to someone who grinds silver 12 hours a day to pay for everything and undercut CCAB here and there for personal cash! 

2mmp82.jpg

12 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I don't need to further explain this.

17 hours ago, Sn00 said:

No, play the game instead.

• Like 1