Sign in to follow this  
punishlife

Piles for days

I didn't create this so unsure as to how it was done but a single pile of 464 logs outside (no damage despite other piles in the area being damaged from someones clearcutting project)

YlmY1CD.png

I had 5 satchels full of door locks in my cold forge, which a guest lit, and it made a pile of 400+ locks on the floor.

I know logs don't fit in satchels, but it was possibly due to container decay of some form.

judging by the fact that they're completely random ql someone was probably chopping up with a 1ql hatchet for skill, and logs are weird in the fact that sometimes they go to the tile in front of you instead of the one you're standing on, so you end up with 2 piles of logs without moving or turning. The second pile doesn't check item count afaik so it's either that, or container explosion as said above, but they'd most likely be decayed if that was the case.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Well i doubt someone placed them all there as it was in the middle of a road with nearby tree's being a sloped walk away (as well as all nearby tiles that had tree's having piles of logs on them) if anything it looked like someone had a few bsb's or crates in a wagon that decayed and it got dumped out but that wouldn't cause it either (as they only got chopped down in like a week)

A few other points against that theory, is that when crates / BSBs decay, the contents disappear with it. In addition, these logs are of many different QLs, which would have been averaged together in a BSB or Crate

I've definitely seen logs pile up beyond 100 if standing near the edge of a tile when chopping up trees in my wagon. It's possible the player intentionally stood in such a spot so they could continue chopping up logs without having to move at all.

I would still call the ability to do so a bug, though.

Yeah Shydow, i was just saying how that is the closest method of it being cause due to its location, standing on the tile, you'd on;y have access to two tree's, and i do doubt the person picked up 300 logs to place in a road when they left almost every other off road tile with log piles

I'm going to include this post with the bug opened for the place issue for now.

Are the logs still there?  Server and approximate location?

21 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I'm going to include this post with the bug opened for the place issue for now.

Are the logs still there?  Server and approximate location?

logs are not, location is outside my deed,  Anvil Gate   D19 (like 10 tiles east along the road)