Sign in to follow this  
Elenonia

Source Spring- Source saved now gone!

I do not know where to place this post so I put it in this section.  We have been playing Wurmonline for just over 8 mos now, and enjoyed building our deed and meeting such nice people in the game.  Thing is, recently went to check for collapses in our mine and discovered something rather disturbing.  I am now learning from older posts on here that the information I had been given earlier in the game about the Source spring on our deed was False.  It is now behind a fence with a lock only I have permissions to access.  This was done because since the purchase of our deed we have been saving the source in the spring to start a priest.  Now, the 2.0+ source went missing... when we had checked in on it my hubby had noticed that what we did have and thought was safe there, is now gone and appears that only within the last 8 days it has regained.  We were told the source spring would be safe and did not need to be locked up under a gate and fence because it was on our deed.  Now, this we are learning is false.  It is now locked up as I said but the thing is the mine itself was locked and only certain people had access.  We were hoping to stop anyone else from losing source by posting here and letting them know that if you are told its safe just because it's on your deed, it's not.

Thanks ~

Elenonia

Mayor of HopeSprings.

I suggest you drain the source as it appears and store it in a container for later use.

Check permissions on your gate, maybe gate history to see if anyone has mucked with it or has access they should not.

Anyone walking by who could access the spring could simply drink it.

If it is on deed I suggest a 1x1 house built over it to further secure it and prevent accidental collapses on that tile, I like the security a locked door provides more than a simple gate myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I suggest you drain the source as it appears and store it in a container for later use.

Check permissions on your gate, maybe gate history to see if anyone has mucked with it or has access they should not.

Anyone walking by who could access the spring could simply drink it.

If it is on deed I suggest a 1x1 house built over it to further secure it and prevent accidental collapses on that tile, I like the security a locked door provides more than a simple gate myself.

I have actually done this it's now locked behind high walls and a gate I am the only one able to access it.  I surely do not exempt myself from blame here I had a gut feeling I should surround it and lock it down but did not want to offend any of our friends in here so, I figured I would let it stand that it won't be touched since it's on the deed.  Lesson learned.  This post was just to get the word out there for sure lock up the source and I am collecting it now as well ? Thank you kindly for the suggestions.

• Like 1

I suppose that Source water is coded in the same way as water, meaning that just like water in a container on your deed anyone can drink it. Yes too, best to just drag it into a container now and then and then store in a small barrel locked inside your house. Maybe the dragging it into a container can't be done by anyone without pickup permissions on your deed and that is what was referenced vaguely before but I am not sure if this can be done or not either. Anyway, you have it locked up safely now so all is well.

Good to hear that you and hubs are enjoying the game and meeting nice people, so I hope this hasn't diminished your positive experiences here.

=Ayes=