Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Wet, damp, moist - dirt

Was wondering how difficult it would be to have dirt & sand with a wet appearance, when at a height of 5 or less from the water line.  I spent the last few days traveling the coast of the Western US states and stopped at many of the beaches there and like many Wurmians, I now have Wurmvision, that see RL in terms of what I do or see in the game.  in RL, I really enjoy the transition from dry sand to wet sand on the beach.  The shallower the slope, the further the waves travel up the beach.  What really made this noticeable was at Cannon beach (think the end of the Goonies movie).  It is such a flat beach that tiny waves were traveling at least 50 feet or more, keeping the sand damp and packed.

So my thought was to create something of a filter layer that acts very much like the water layer wen reflections are off.  Darkens the dirt, sand and steppe, but not rock and grass.  This will also be nice when digging holes that reach near the water level.  Something I've done in RL.  When you did holes, the ground is damp generally, but dries out really quickly, unless you are close to the water level and then it always stays damp, from absorbing the water up into the dirt (or sand).

It seems like this would not be a tremendously difficult thing, but I'm probably completely wrong.

sounds like it's possible and we eventually might see it in a client update